~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

19 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Statistics. 

Oooo, that could be really dangerous for a large amount people (but statistically small), touches on that empathy piece Citizen mentioned. 

Unempathetic me would have been all about letting natural statistics take its course in this (and many) situation.

But I try not to go full Daniel Planview (one of my all time favorite characters), even if I get the rationale.

My future sister in-law tested positive yesterday. Honestly it is a minor miracle that she did not catch it prior. She is one of the head NPs at a local ICU, her specialization is respiratory so she has been at the extreme front lines since the beginning, fully vaxed since January. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Oooo, that could be really dangerous for a large amount people (but statistically small), touches on that empathy piece Citizen mentioned. 

Unempathetic me would have been all about letting natural statistics take its course in this (and many) situation.

But I try not to go full Daniel Planview (one of my all time favorite characters), even if I get the rationale.

You don't sound nearly as smart as you think you do. 

1 hour ago, Commodore D said:

You know, when you aren't around people a lot (because of Covid), then the kids and wife (no shot either) go back to school, its a bit easier to catch things (the rest of the house was sick last week). It just came over me today, have a tissue in my nose as I type; I'll probably be over it by the weekend; may be well enough for my trip to New Jersey Monday. 

Stop travelling, asshole 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Stop travelling, asshole 

From time to time I have to do so for work; I take all the advised precautions. Plus when I do, I'm usually making people lives easier or keeping people in jobs; I'm a welcomed visit.

However, if they eliminated airline travel for people like me, I would oblige. 

1 minute ago, Commodore D said:

From time to time I have to do so for work; I take all the advised precautions. Plus when I do, I'm usually making people lives easier or keeping people in jobs; I'm a welcomed visit.

However, if they eliminated airline travel for people like me, I would oblige. 

Please stay with the pork roll loving heathens in South Jersey.

There is growing pressure in Canada for Parliament to either expel or at least ban MPs who are not vaccinated. In Canada, Parliament can unseat any member with a straight majority vote, as well as set rules for admission into the building.

5QOPWSIZXNMBZLH4IRUJRILMWM.jpg
WWW.THEGLOBEANDMAIL.COM

Anyone who is qualified, but refuses, to take a COVID-19 vaccine is a menace to public health. Such people are not fit for elected office

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

There is growing pressure in Canada for Parliament to either expel or at least ban MPs who are not vaccinated. In Canada, Parliament can unseat any member with a straight majority vote, as well as set rules for admission into the building.

5QOPWSIZXNMBZLH4IRUJRILMWM.jpg
WWW.THEGLOBEANDMAIL.COM

Anyone who is qualified, but refuses, to take a COVID-19 vaccine is a menace to public health. Such people are not fit for elected office

That would be an unprecedented attack on democracy. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I am not in favour of expelling them (that should be reserved for extraordinary circumstances), but I am in favour of not allowing them entry into the House, physically.

I though they still had extremely limited attendance in the house. 
if they can still vote remotely, this banning would be largely political theatre. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

No it's not we're just good at driving them off. 

I would say more so keeping them but moving goal post to appear right. But whatever its been entertaining for years. I wouldn't ask for a different bunch individual group thinkers; though I would bring back a couple that I really enjoyed (Irreverant (sp?), dude / lady with the Jaguars mascot avatar, muscly dude that lives in BMore that gave me dining recommendation, the Virgin Mary burier). 

Spoiler

Said in jest, I genuinely have enjoyed you all through the years.