~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Minus the science talk, I think this is why going back to mask mandates just won’t work. Police don’t want to deal with it, customer facing employees don’t want to deal with it, so it will just be the people who want to wear them wearing them and people who don’t simply won’t feel any pressure to do so.

54 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Minus the science talk, I think this is why going back to mask mandates just won’t work. Police don’t want to deal with it, customer facing employees don’t want to deal with it, so it will just be the people who want to wear them wearing them and people who don’t simply won’t feel any pressure to do so.

"Cops won't enforce it" is a bringing cops to heel problem, not a mask mandate problem.

First real day back at work today. Feels weird after 16 months. I'm disappointed I didn't find anything before having to come back here. Was worried I would have a nervous breakdown at work before I came in. So far it's been OK. People have been pretty compliant with our mask mandate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

First real day back at work today. Feels weird after 16 months. I'm disappointed I didn't find anything before having to come back here. Was worried I would have a nervous breakdown at work before I came in. So far it's been OK. People have been pretty compliant with our mask mandate. 

We are going back September 27th...kinda excited for it. I'm fucking sick of Teams and Zooms, but we hired people from all over the US so I'll be dealing with it even in the office since I have people in Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, and Arizona on my team right now. 

We won't have any mask requirements when we go back...can't wait for the madness to happen a few weeks later. 

43 minutes ago, Ominous said:

We are going back September 27th...kinda excited for it. I'm fucking sick of Teams and Zooms, but we hired people from all over the US so I'll be dealing with it even in the office since I have people in Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, and Arizona on my team right now. 

We won't have any mask requirements when we go back...can't wait for the madness to happen a few weeks later. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

I have a friend who is a nurse who says the same thing—almost all the people in the hospital right now are anti-mask/anti-vax, and are very disrespectful to the staff. Apparently the nurses and doctors have almost no sympathy for them, they see it as entirely preventable. They of course are treating them and doing all they can, but they basically hate the patients.

• Guillotine 2

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I have a friend who is a nurse who says the same thing—almost all the people in the hospital right now are anti-mask/anti-vax, and are very disrespectful to the staff. Apparently the nurses and doctors have almost no sympathy for them, they see it as entirely preventable. They of course are treating them and doing all they can, but they basically hate the patients.

Same thing happening in my unit - from the disrespectful patients/visitors to the staff's feelings. Visitors as a whole have become so challenging to work with. Saying it's exhausting is an understatement.

• Sad 1

So far, "the virus is a hoax! Tell me why I'm short of breath!" types. Even seeing their loved ones with a breathing tube and other tubes/lines, they still reject covid destroyed their loved one's lungs. I expect more of these interactions as covid admissions are increasing. :/

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Ship a case of N95s to every house

If people aren't gonna wear regular masks they certainly not gonna wear n95s. I wore n95s for most of the pandemic and only after being fully vaxed switched to regular masks. Its a fucking joke that people bitched about regular masks.

2 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

If people aren't gonna wear regular masks they certainly not gonna wear n95s. I wore n95s for most of the pandemic and only after being fully vaxed switched to regular masks. Its a fucking joke that people bitched about regular masks.

Also a fair point. N95’s leave an imprint on your face lol.

5500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

CCDH finds ‘disinformation dozen’ have combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms

CCDH, a UK/US non-profit and non-governmental organization, found in March that these 12 online personalities they dubbed the “disinformation dozen” have a combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms, with Facebook having the largest impact. CCDH analyzed 812,000 Facebook posts and tweets and found 65% came from the disinformation dozen. Vivek Murthy, US surgeon general, and Joe Biden focused on misinformation around vaccines this weekas a driving force of the virus spreading.

They are:

1 Joseph Mercola
2 Robert F. Kennedy Jr
3 Ty & Charlene Bollinger
4 Sherri Tenpenny
5 Rizza Islam
6 Rashid Buttar
7 Erin Elizabeth
8 Sayer Ji
9 Kelly Brogan
10 Christiane Northrup
11 Ben Tapper
12 Kevin Jenkin

These 12 have the death of tens of thousands (at a minimum) on their hands. Probably hundreds of thousands.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

What does this even mean? Can't 12-17 get shots on their own in the UK? Or has the government refused to authorize Pfizer shots for that age?

Europe and the UK have been primarily focused on fully vaccinating an age group, before allowing younger people to get vaccinated.  The UK has not opened up vaccination to the 12-17 age group.

• Shocked 1