~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

17 minutes ago, Brick said:

I've checked my spam and nothing. I don't see any spot to put in my health card number though. Just the confirmation code for the appointment, or if not that then my DOB, name, and postal code. 

There should be a button to click saying “lost confirmation code” in the rebooking option. When I clicked to rebook it asked for my code, clicked on the lost code button, it then asked for my health card number as a means to see if I was eligible to book 2nd appointment. I entered my health card digits, said I was good and then asked me to select my new appointment time and confirm. It was super easy for me, and have no idea why they keep giving you the run around. 

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Taking our 14 year old this week to get dosed with some of that Pfizer juice. Based on the data I've been seeing, seems like healthy kids likely only need one dose for some very robust protection, so that is pretty neat. Our 11 year old turns 12 in September, so he'll be next on the list for a shot.

If you're okay with it yourself, I feel like you might be able to find a private practice that was willing to vaxx the 11 year old a couple of months early.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you're okay with it yourself, I feel like you might be able to find a private practice that was willing to vaxx the 11 year old a couple of months early.

We’ve been thinking about doing it in August as our boys have school co-op with a group that includes a decent amount of anti-vax types, so I’m sure that includes the Covid vaccine. Guessing it’s not too hard to find a place that doesn’t need docs to verify age

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I never thought about this:

There is likely not a substantial per capita  difference in healthcare costs or life expectancy given the demographics avoiding vaccination.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I never thought about this:

The other side of it is if you're not vaccinated you're way likelier to die sooner rather than later so you'll actually be less of a cost to the insurance companies in the overall scheme of things.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The other side of it is if you're not vaccinated you're way likelier to die sooner rather than later so you'll actually be less of a cost to the insurance companies in the overall scheme of things.

I don’t think this is accurate at all.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I don’t think this is accurate at all.

There is no chance the shift in life expectancy is particularly large when comparing the unvaccinated population to the vaccinated population given the demographics. I would be shocked if it is more than 6 months on average.

If you're not vaccinated you're likely also engaging in other risky behaviors BUT also you likely have a low educational level and your income is probably not high enough to afford life insurance not subsidized by their employer, which is also unlikely because of the low income

You still see people wearing masks in grocery stores and such here, but that's it. I kept wearing a mask at work for a while after restrictions were lifted, but then the heatwave came and I was like I'm not wearing a mask when it's 95 degrees inside and I'm constantly moving. Now I've gotten used to not wearing it and no one seems to care.

t_dbc0c015134b4e5780fdcff2220f3867_name_
WWW.WSOCTV.COM

Dozens of passengers experienced a nightmare at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Monday when they told Channel 9′s Glenn Counts that mechanical problems and people refusing to wear masks left them stranded in the Queen City.

Passengers on American Airlines Flight 893 to Nassau, Bahamas were in a position to depart Monday when a group of high school students decided to stage a mask rebellion that lasted for hours.

“Some people’s vacations are ruined. They were only going for a couple of nights. Now, they have to get rebooked,” passenger Stephanie Krzywanski said.

Also...it appears the 30 teens were travelling without guardians?

Police sources said that no one was arrested. American Airlines acknowledged the incident, saying the flight from Charlotte Douglas was delayed until Tuesday. Passengers who were stranded were given a hotel voucher. However, because the students are either 17 or 18 years old, they are too young to get a room, so they had to spend the night at the airport.

Fuck them kids.

So the father of one of my friends had covid earlier this year, had to have his kidneys removed due to it and has to undergo regular dialysis just found out he has cancer of the liver and lungs. What a shitty year for his family. Also may help explain why his case of covid was so bad from back in like November

• Sad 4

Finally got my second dose booked, and it'll be tomorrow! I'll have to go to Burlington, but that's not an issue. It'll be Moderna (probably; my parents thought they would be getting Moderna for their second, but ended up getting Pfizer again), as the earliest Pfizer shot would have been next month.

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

Finally got my second dose booked, and it'll be tomorrow! I'll have to go to Burlington, but that's not an issue. It'll be Moderna (probably; my parents thought they would be getting Moderna for their second, but ended up getting Pfizer again), as the earliest Pfizer shot would have been next month.

So you just think you can come into my town and take our vaccines from us. Glad to see you finally got things worked out at least for your 2nd shot. Are you at Jo Brant or Gary Allen Learning Centre. We have the mega church as well, but I didn’t see anything until August for a 2nd shot (got my first shot of Pfizer there) Be off to the Gary Allen centre in less then hour for shot number 2

18 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So you just think you can come into my town and take our vaccines from us. Glad to see you finally got things worked out at least for your 2nd shot. Are you at Jo Brant or Gary Allen Learning Centre. We have the mega church as well, but I didn’t see anything until August for a 2nd shot (got my first shot of Pfizer there) Be off to the Gary Allen centre in less then hour for shot number 2

Gary Allen. The guy on the phone at first said there would be an appointment open at the YMCA in Oakville on Saturday, but then found the one for tomorrow, so yeah figured I'd take the sooner one. 

59 minutes ago, Brick said:

Gary Allen. The guy on the phone at first said there would be an appointment open at the YMCA in Oakville on Saturday, but then found the one for tomorrow, so yeah figured I'd take the sooner one. 

I too would of gone for a 2nd Pfizer shot had they not be available until August at the church. I’m typing to kill my 15 minutes and I’m seeing a few empty seats still but might be designed this way to stagger the appointments. Arm feeling heavy already in the shoulder I got the shot in. My mom and sister were down the following day but were pretty good on day 2 onwards, until yesterday when they felt like the day after again. Weird, but they seem fine again today

Lots of good stuff in this. One of the things we may be only a few months out from is the release of a tamiflu-like drug for Covid that could be produced quickly and distributed very widely. There are several that could be used either in response to close contact with an infected person or even in the early stages of your own infection that should tamp down progression. We will need more tools to prevent the worst outcomes and it looks like help is on the way.

It looks more and more likely that places with high full vaccination rates will fare incredibly well by the time we hit the late fall and winter. Those with low vaccination rates will sadly see hotspots flare up. Most important to continue driving up the percentages in the 60+ age groups to full vaccination both in the US and elsewhere.