~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

If you were going to be hunkering down for the next month anyhow for lack of places to go I'd say why not wait for another Pfizer, but if you have to go back to the office I'd just get what you can so you feel better about being there. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

We mix vaccines in multi-shots all the time. The two mRNA vaccines do the exact same thing. There is no legitimate reason to be concerned about taking a different one for the first and second shot. Fear not, my man.

I know. It's just a stupid little gremlin jumping up and down on my mind, and I keep having to go, "shut up, shut up, shut up!"

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

I know. It's just a stupid little gremlin jumping up and down on my mind, and I keep having to go, "shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Just do it. I get mine on July 7th and I will be getting Moderna with my Pfizer. So happy I’m not waiting it out until Sept 29th for my 2nd shot, as this Delta variant sounds scary

GettyImages-1317638577-16x9-1.jpg?w=700
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

As the COVID-19 vaccination rate slows down in the U.S. — according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only about 54 percent of the eligible pop…

This is why it is indeed good to talk about your vaccination experience in public ways that your friend group will see. 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, Captain Pickle said:

Just got my second dose yesterday.  Pro tip: get it in the afternoon. I got my second moderna dose at 1:30 and started to feel I little flu-ish at 11pm.  So I went to bed.  I had a flu sleep with chills at one point in the night.  But, woke up and the symptoms are pretty much gone!

This post did not age well. Felt like utter shit yesterday. Two sleepless nights but I’m ok today 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So how do you know they have been vaccinated?

They got vaccinated at random times. I talked to my friend recently and he said how long till your vaccination kicks in or whatever, and I asked when he got his he said in February or something like that.

In my weekly team Teams meeting right now, and we are changing our dress code for the fall. YES. Well-kept jeans will be okay, along with a shirt with a collar, or sweater. That includes golf shirts, untucked short-sleeve button-down shits, etc. Makes little sense for IT to be in slacks and tucked-in shirts. Over the summer we already wear shorts and t-shirts.

I'm a black jeans guy, so I'll be wearing button-downs (or sweaters) with those.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They got vaccinated at random times. I talked to my friend recently and he said how long till your vaccination kicks in or whatever, and I asked when he got his he said in February or something like that.

So you know because they told you. Which is the point. Go to bed.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Man I have to return to the office next week. Haven't been there since...October? Not looking forward to not wearing pajamas all day, or having to take lunches to work.

That was the hardest thing for me. But since being back to physical work (actually being there) for over 3 weeks now, it's not really as bad as I thought it would be. It was sure nice walking around all day in sweats, but honestly, I was going stir crazy being at home.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

So you know because they told you. Which is the point. Go to bed.

Learn to read maybe?

I got vaccinated (2nd shot) in June. That's when my friend asked me when I got it. My friend who asked got his in February without my knowledge. This is the opposite of peer pressure or discussing a vaccination experience to get a vaccination. There was nothing discussed.

XTYZUVICIRKRFMMJM5LC6JXQDU.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Moderna Inc's (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine showed promise against the Delta variant first identified in India in a lab study, with a modest decrease in response compared to the original strain, the drugmaker said on Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Learn to read maybe?

I got vaccinated (2nd shot) in June. That's when my friend asked me when I got it. My friend who asked got his in February without my knowledge. This is the opposite of peer pressure or discussing a vaccination experience to get a vaccination. There was nothing discussed.

The fact that you two talked about it is highly suggestive that…you talked about it with other people. You told us you got vaccinated too. You’re proving the point of the article :p 

And it’s sad you have only this single individual that counts as your friend and family :( 

I’m still trying to get my sister and her fiancé vaccinated. At this point they’re just being lazy despite going out and doing social shit all the time now and that kind of worries me.

Everyone else in my family is vaccinated, myself included.

11 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Good luck!

jk I think I’m an outlier 

Yeah, I'm hopeful it won't be too bad. I think I only know 1 person at work where his second shot was super mild (just sore arm), everybody else was mostly out sick for 1-2 days. Yet with my parents/sister they had it pretty mild and it mostly just felt like someone punched their arm for a day, so hopefully that is what I get.

An Associated Press analysis of May data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 (0.1%) of the more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations, and only about 150 (0.8%) of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths.

And unvaccinated states are going to likely get hit very hard again:

There are likely to be outbreaks this fall and winter in unvaccinated pockets of the United States, resulting in more preventable deaths, experts predict.

Modeling suggests that death rates in the United States will climb to 1,000 per day again next year, Ali Mokdad, a professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle, told the AP.