~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

My derp conservative San Diego neighborhood is throwing a BBQ tomorrow. My wife and i are one of the few ever wearing masks. I keep getting asked to hang out and I politely decline (all Trump lovers with AR-15s) and say shit like "oh I would but that's usually my bed time." They don't get it. They don't believe it. I'm gonna shrug if and when they all get it. 

33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes, that famous American slogan.

Remember when, at the foot of the fallen towers, George W. Bush said "We're gonna find the people who brought these towers down...and we're gonna live with it"?

Or, after Pearl Harbor, FDR said "Today is a day which we will live with"?

They're being honest with what their actions have shown. We are absolutely a failed state.

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes, that famous American slogan.

Remember when, at the foot of the fallen towers, George W. Bush said "We're gonna find the people who brought these towers down...and we're gonna live with it"?

Or, after Pearl Harbor, FDR said "Today is a day which we will live with"?

They've been grooming the public to accept this messaging for awhile now and sadly enough, enough people will buy into it.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They've been grooming the public to accept this messaging for awhile now and sadly enough, enough people will buy into it.

Yup. The message people are going to, if they haven't already started to, parrot over the next few months is that this was a once in a millennium event and that nobody could have done anything to make things better.

51 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At least between us and the Brazilians you Canadians and Euros and everyone else will have a nice place for testing your vaccines for covid (just like we used to do to other their world countries!)

Oxford has already expressed concern that their vaccine test in the UK may not be solid because cases have dropped so much, and they may need to start a new trial somewhere else. The co-managed Sinocan vaccine (China-Canada) is going into testing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do testing in the US rather than Canada. It's really unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Don't forget the Brits as guinea pigs too!

45 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oxford has already expressed concern that their vaccine test in the UK may not be solid because cases have dropped so much, and they may need to start a new trial somewhere else. The co-managed Sinocan vaccine (China-Canada) is going into testing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do testing in the US rather than Canada. It's really unfortunate.

• Haha 1

Mexico closes US border in Arizona to stop July 4th visitors, citing COVID-19 fears

As coronavirus cases surge across the U.S., one Mexican state is closing itself off from its northern neighbor out of concern for safety, outlets report.

Officials in Sonora, Mexico moved quickly to slam the border shut before the start of the July Fourth weekend, traditionally a peak tourism time as Americans flock south to celebrate, the Arizona Daily Star reported.

Officials have not announced a reopening date.

:dab:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

BIG BRAIN TRUMP FINALLY TRICKS MEXICO INTO PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Nah! Americans are still paying and building it themselves. Trump is going to build his wall just like the Spartans in 300. With hundreds of thousands of American dead bodies

spacer.png

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

FWIW, half of my stupid family is already saying this shit. "Life is uncertain so we can't live in fear." :silly:

It’s pretty basic “the kids are ruining everything” stuff when the grown ups are the ones in charge of all policy making and execution. Red meat to everybody in our parents age bracket regardless of politics. Tide pods and such.

He's probably just watching TV and seeing the case numbers on the screen. I think that's what the whole "stop testing so many people" thing is all about. He just wants the bad numbers on the TV to go away. People respond to these like posts like he doesn't realize that the cases are still going to be there if we don't test for them. I think he knows that perfectly well, but if he doesn't have to see the numbers all the time he doesn't have to think about it.

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ok what set him off?

His small abnormal Toad-from-Mario penis, his loveless marriage, declining poll numbers, Rosie O’Donnell, waking up in the morning mid-afternoon without his two scoops of vanilla ice cream, senility, Eric came by, Ivanka didn’t give him a goodnight kiss last night, the local KFC was closed -take your pick.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Counterpoint: he's unbelievably fucking stupid.

He probably saw someone on OANN or Twitter say that the only reason there are so many positive tests is because Trump is doing such a great job getting people tested. There is no reason to believe he knows any better.