Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Medium being sub-HD at moments has more to do with them rendering two viewpanes simultaneously than anything else.

We’ll see what happens going forward regardless.  If Series S games start looking more like what we’d expect from One S in terms of resolution/fps, I don’t think a supposed mandate would be that strict.

There’s also FSR 2.0 to consider.  Could be that the discussion shifts to degrees of artifacting, more so than raw pixel counts and fps consistency.

• 1 month later...

I know everyone likes to poop on GWG these days but this newest one looks pretty cool

WWW.XBOX.COM

Bladed Fury is a classic 2D action game, based on Chinese mythology with an accompanying traditional art style and sound design, but with a dash of surrealism added to the mix. Featuring a fluid combat experience, a high-octane combo system, and a plethora of ancient enemies and gods to destroy

It's got "very positive" reviews on steam so it's probably not half bad. Also, it got @Phaseknox's seal of approval.

• True 1

• 1 month later...

GWG this month is another good game, For the King

WWW.XBOX.COM

For The King is a strategic RPG that blends tabletop and roguelike elements in a challenging adventure that spans the realms. Set off on a single player experience or play cooperatively both online and locally. None before you have returned from their journey. Will you put an end to the Chaos?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rejoice: Western Digital has SSD storage coming for Series consoles! :sun:

western-digital-xbox-series-storage-expa
WWW.TRUEACHIEVEMENTS.COM

Microsoft looks to have partnered with Western Digital for a new 1TB Xbox Series X|S storage expansion card, which is cheaper than Seagate's offering and could be available soon.

Weep: they’re still $180 for 1tb. :sadsun:

• Thanks 1

So any Sports gamers here on the boards?

curious as to what the “best iterations” of the major sports franchises have been recently.. Its coming time to get a more recent game for Fifa, Madden, NBA, WWE..

apparently MLB the Show has a great historical mode too

On 4/6/2023 at 3:32 PM, Spork3245 said:

Rejoice: Western Digital has SSD storage coming for Series consoles! :sun:

western-digital-xbox-series-storage-expa
WWW.TRUEACHIEVEMENTS.COM

Microsoft looks to have partnered with Western Digital for a new 1TB Xbox Series X|S storage expansion card, which is cheaper than Seagate's offering and could be available soon.

Weep: they’re still $180 for 1tb. :sadsun:

How soon is this coming? I'll be buying a second Xbox in the coming weeks for my parents' house.

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

So any Sports gamers here on the boards?

curious as to what the “best iterations” of the major sports franchises have been recently.. Its coming time to get a more recent game for Fifa, Madden, NBA, WWE..

apparently MLB the Show has a great historical mode too

You mean not getting the recent version but any version of a sports game? I haven't played them for a while but other than the WWE and NBA games you can get The Show and Madden on game pass. I tried The Show when it first came to game pass I'd imagine this year's version is good as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Aaron Greenberg throwing some some jabs regarding the upcoming Xbox Games Showcase.

None of our first party games in the show are full CG trailers. Everything is either in-game footage, in-engine footage, or in-game footage with some cinematics. Each of our trailers will be labeled so it is hopefully clear for our fans.

Question: Will it be like last year that they come out in 12 months?

Answer: No

Can confirm there will be no movie trailers in our games show.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Aaron Greenburg throws some jabs at his rival ahead of next week's Xbox Games Showcase
3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

None of our first party games in the show are full CG trailers. Everything is either in-game footage, in-engine footage, or in-game footage with some cinematics. Each of our trailers will be labeled so it is hopefully clear for our fans.

So if I have this right, we finally get to see their games announced in CG trailers 2-3 years ago. :p

Can't buck a trend if you don't start somewhere.  I'm hopeful this will be Microsoft's best summer showing ever.  Even better if they do it without leaning on Halo or Gears at all.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Gears 6 even a thing?

Not yet but supposedly they canceled the Coalition's game to work on a Gears game, so it will be a thing eventually.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Lots of rumors about the new Fable finally being shown.

I think those rumors got shot down, and were reaches to begin with. The idea the game is in development hell so it would be tough to show anything, but people said they saw sparkles and fable-like music in a tweet so it might be coming. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd love to be surprised.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think those rumors got shot down, and were reaches to begin with. The idea the game is in development hell so it would be tough to show anything, but people said they saw sparkles and fable-like music in a tweet so it might be coming. I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd love to be surprised.

fable_NIw8SK7.jpg?width=1200&height=600&
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

It looks like Microsoft and PlayGround Games are getting ready to give us a fresh glimpse at Fable.

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...