Roger Stone Is Found Guilty in Trial That Revived Trump-Russia Saga

Jason

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

So she gave in to Trump/DOJ's reduced sentence request? :/

Seems like she gave him a sentence in the midrange of the guidelines just like she did with Manafort.

My impression is that she has maintained a fair and moderate approach throughout all this despite one side wanting no time and the other calling for blood.

When that one judge gave Manafort a ridiculously short sentence she could have piled on time to "make up" for that, but instead she gave him a sentence in the midrange.

Liberals have been having this argument a lot amoungst themselves. They think prison terms should be lighter for the most part, but want Trump lackies to get the book thrown at them. I know there is some nuance to the argument, but ultimately I do think there is some self-servingness to these arguments.

This judge seems like she has tried to ignore the noise and hand out sentences she thinks are justified. And really, that is for the best. As much as I think Stone is an odious little man, the judge shouldn't tack on years to his sentence because she is perturbed that Trump is being a loudmouth on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

Seems like she gave him a sentence in the midrange of the guidelines just like she did with Manafort.

My impression is that she has maintained a fair and moderate approach throughout all this despite one side wanting no time and the other calling for blood.

When that one judge gave Manafort a ridiculously short sentence she could have piled on time to "make up" for that, but instead she gave him a sentence in the midrange.

Liberals have been having this argument a lot amoungst themselves. They think prison terms should be lighter for the most part, but want Trump lackies to get the book thrown at them. I know there is some nuance to the argument, but ultimately I do think there is some self-servingness to these arguments.

This judge seems like she has tried to ignore the noise and hand out sentences she thinks are justified. And really, that is for the best. As much as I think Stone is an odious little man, the judge shouldn't tack on years to his sentence because she is perturbed that Trump is being a loudmouth on Twitter. 

But it's not just Trump being a loudmouth on Twitter. It's Barr purging DOJ to install people who'd retract the sentencing recommendation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There’s not a combination of words that accurately describes my feeling on this.

This damages the country, the presidency, the rule of law.

I’ve felt this way for a while, but I don’t blame a child for their behavior, I blame their parents for a lack of disciple and accountability.

Senate Republicans deserve the axe for this, more than Trump.

It's so funny how much time right wingers spend defending this yahoo and Michael Flynn. It really shows just how far down the insane Trump path they've all gone. It's pathetic and every single one of them is a coward with no morality. Screw them all.

Has a Democrat with similar status ever been arrested and then had the entire party defend and rally behind them?

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Break the law to get your friend elected, then your friend uses his power to get you out of trouble. Our systems suck. 

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

Stone could have talked and spilled the beans on Trump, but be didn't because he knew if he kept his mouth shut Trump would get him out of prison, and now Trump finally had rewarded him for his loyalty. 

Just wait until Trump resigns on Jan. 1st after losing the election so President Pence can pardon him from any federal charges in perputuity.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Just wait until Trump resigns on Jan. 1st after losing the election so President Pence can pardon him from any federal charges in perputuity.

Easy. “Send” him to Iran as a Diplomatic Envoy, then revoke his diplomatic status and let the Iranians do what ever they like to him, as long as it’s televised.