Jump to content

The Clone Wars is coming back


Anzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am not sure how I feel about this. I love the Clone Wars series, but the way they had to end and tie up loose ends in novels and in arcs in Rebels I am not sure I want anything more from it. 

 

Though I am sure like with most things with Star Wars now, this is more about selling toys than it is having a story they need/want to tell. And since the age of the actors does not matter in an animated show, they can go back to that well in the wake of such fan disapproval. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ehh.. not bad, but not great. Disney still won't venture to any era that hasn't been covered before. So this just feels kinda anti-climatic seeing as how we know what happened to most of these characters through the Rebels series already.

 

It would be nice to get Shadows of the Empire, or The Old Republic, or Tales of the Jedi animated eventually, though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-the-clone-wars-to-return

 

Quote

Just announced by Dave Filoni at San Diego Comic-Con during a 10th anniversary celebration of the beloved animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service. 

 

Quote

StarWars.com: To you personally, what does it mean to get to finish it?

Dave Filoni: Personally, it’s very rewarding. Any opportunity to put the final pieces of the story in place is meaningful as a storyteller. I’m happy for the opportunity to define these things and the end of this part of the Clone War. It also makes me reflect on all the people that I got to work with over the years. It reinforces the things I learned from George. It reminds me of the important elements that go into making Star Wars. So, it’s nice on several levels, and I think for the crew that’s still here that worked on Clone Wars, they feel that, as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Why is NOBODY talking about this final & amazing season!?

 

Granted, in the last few years, many have come to know & appreciate Lucas' prequel trilogy and come to love not only Episode III but more importantly, Filoni's Clone Wars. The very thing is, this final arc of Ahsoka Tano has allowed those that have bared witness to it, the gift to never again see Episode III in the same light EVER again knowing what we now know was happening at the very same time on Mandalore.

 

We still have one final episode which shall arrive, appropriately enough, on Monday May 4th.

 

Oh god it is just SO FUCKING GOOD!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its truly amazing how they bumbled away most of this season on stupid shit, but the last 3 episodes have been amazing, so much of this series is mediocre arcs but man is it brilliant at times.  Its also a feat that Ahsoka and Maul (beyond episode 1) don't exist to the vast majority of people and are by far the most interesting characters they've ever put on screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Why is NOBODY talking about this final & amazing season!?

 

Granted, in the last few years, many have come to know & appreciate Lucas' prequel trilogy and come to love not only Episode III but more importantly, Filoni's Clone Wars. The very thing is, this final arc of Ahsoka Tano has allowed those that have bared witness to it, the gift to never again see Episode III in the same light EVER again knowing what we now know was happening at the very same time on Mandalore.

 

We still have one final episode which shall arrive, appropriately enough, on Monday May 4th.

 

Oh god it is just SO FUCKING GOOD!

 

Did George Lucas write this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the process of catching up with the season right now.  Just got to episode 5 (Gone with a Trace), the first one with Ashoka, and they threw in an easter egg to A New Hope about Threepio's backstory.

 

Quote

Ashoka

Binary load lifter.
Wait a minute.
I do know this type of droid.
Type two load lifters were a fraud.
They were repurposed demolition droids
prone to violence.

 

Quote

 THREEPIO
                         Vaporators! Sir -- My first job was 
                         programming binary load lifter... 
                         very similar to your vaporators. You 
                         could say...

 

So was Threepio fixing the violent tendencies in these droids because he's a boring do-gooder... OR

 

Was he, along with Jar Jar, a secret Sith Master who was reprogramming the demo droids into load lifters for his own personal gain?  He could then sell these droids for profit, and then they can cause sabotage!

 

15 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Why is NOBODY talking about this final & amazing season!?

 

Granted, in the last few years, many have come to know & appreciate Lucas' prequel trilogy and come to love not only Episode III but more importantly, Filoni's Clone Wars. The very thing is, this final arc of Ahsoka Tano has allowed those that have bared witness to it, the gift to never again see Episode III in the same light EVER again knowing what we now know was happening at the very same time on Mandalore.

 

We still have one final episode which shall arrive, appropriately enough, on Monday May 4th.

 

Oh god it is just SO FUCKING GOOD!

 

I haven't given the prequels a good rewatch since the release of the sequel trilogy, but I as I reflect back on them I can certainly respect the fact the PT was not like the ST.  The sequel trilogy tried way to hard to emulate the first, because at a high level the first, second, and third movies -respectively- hit the same beats.  However, the PT has issues that just take me out of the moment - like the terrible acting.  And the CGI of Episodes I and II is now distracting.  The story that Lucas was trying to tell in the PT definitely works better in the TV format, where the characters have a chance to actually flesh out and grow.  I did not believe Anakin and Padme's love story in the movies; there was zero weight and emotion.  And I did not really buy Anakin's turn to the Dark side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

 

In the process of catching up with the season right now.  Just got to episode 5 (Gone with a Trace), the first one with Ashoka, and they threw in an easter egg to A New Hope about Threepio's backstory.

 

Quote

Ashoka

Binary load lifter.
Wait a minute.
I do know this type of droid.
Type two load lifters were a fraud.
They were repurposed demolition droids
prone to violence.

 

Quote


 THREEPIO
                         Vaporators! Sir -- My first job was 
                         programming binary load lifter... 
                         very similar to your vaporators. You 
                         could say...

 

So was Threepio fixing the violent tendencies in these droids because he's a boring do-gooder... OR

 

Was he, along with Jar Jar, a secret Sith Master who was reprogramming the demo droids into load lifters for his own personal gain?  He could then sell these droids for profit, and then they can cause sabotage!

 

At the end of episode three he had his memory wiped and I think was given to captain Antiles. So my leaning would be he was trying to reprogram the violence out of them so they could be used to load and unload Alderan ships. 
 

 

...or it could just be an Easter egg you’re not supposed to think too much about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

At the end of episode three he had his memory wiped and I think was given to captain Antiles. So my leaning would be he was trying to reprogram the violence out of them so they could be used to load and unload Alderan ships. 
 

 

...or it could just be an Easter egg you’re not supposed to think too much about. 

 

But this is Star Wars: The entire point of its existence is to overthink it and then argue about your theories with people on the Internet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 69los said:

I didn't mind the Bad Batch arc. The Ahsoka arc with the sisters literally put me to sleep. The final arc has been nothing short of phenomenal.

1 of the episodes is literally pointless, they're in a cell, escape, get caught and it ends with them back in a cell, gj all around folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 69los said:

I didn't mind the Bad Batch arc. The Ahsoka arc with the sisters literally put me to sleep. The final arc has been nothing short of phenomenal.

I’ve been holding off after the second arc to watch anything. I liked the Bad Batch arc. I liked the clone centric episodes. They often have the more emotional episodes. I LOVE Ashoka, but that arc was a bit boring. I was getting real tired of those sisters. 
 

Im really looking forward to watching through the last 4 episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a finale.

 

Also I think the Bad Batch and the Without a Trace arc are both fine Clone Wars arcs. Removed from the "THE LAST SEASON" hype, I think they fit into the overall study well but I can appreciate that they pale in comparison to the last 4 episodes which are just straight fire.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...