The Clone Wars is coming back

Anzo

8 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Could I just watch the last four episodes if I haven’t been watching the series?

That's literally what I did. I think you'll enjoy it. And then after that, watch all of Rebels. Rebels is fucking incredible.

But now I'm going back and watching Clone Wars in chronological order, as listed here: 

I can provide more thoughts later, but so far I am not loving it as much as I loved Rebels. 

• Thanks 1

I don't get that last ending scene...

Spoiler

Rebels kinda established that Vader didn't even know Ahsoka was still alive when they were finally near each other again (I think Vader was in his custom TIE chasing down the Ghost with Ahsoka inside and saying something like "So, the apprentice lives." So wouldn't this last scene in the snow at the wreckage mean he still doesn't know, or he thinks she died there, or maybe he doesn't even realize that saber was the one he gave her?

I dug this season and how it finally blends into Episode 3. But even still, the first episodes with the bad batch kinda felt overshadowed by the Ahsoka stuff. And it definitely does its job of getting you more hyped to see Mandolorian season 2 if she's gonna be in it.

5 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Hide contents

Rebels kinda established that Vader didn't even know Ahsoka was still alive when they were finally near each other again (I think Vader was in his custom TIE chasing down the Ghost with Ahsoka inside and saying something like "So, the apprentice lives." So wouldn't this last scene in the snow at the wreckage mean he still doesn't know, or he thinks she died there, or maybe he doesn't even realize that saber was the one he gave her?

I dug this season and how it finally blends into Episode 3. But even still, the first episodes with the bad batch kinda felt overshadowed by the Ahsoka stuff. And it definitely does its job of getting you more hyped to see Mandolorian season 2 if she's gonna be in it.

Spoiler

I'd say it's possible that Vader assumed Ahsoka was killed in the crash; he might have thought the only way she'd have given up the lightsaber he returned is if she died. Or he didn't go to the crash site until after their duel in Rebels; he was with Stormtroopers, not Clone Troopers.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was a very light season. (Damn Disney) The Bad Batch episodes were episodes that close to being done so they finished them up for this release. 

12 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Reveal hidden contents

There more meaning in the scene than Filloni wants to tell everyone, but one major reason for it was to show Anakin’s arc, especially for people that may be more casual fans. Because in the arc Maul was saying that it was Anakin’s destiny or Sidious’s plan, and Ashoka would not believe him. This was just a way of closing it out so the audience sees that it indeed came true. 

first ten minutes is about the final Clone Wars arc, including that scene. Last ten minutes is about Mandalorian. 

• Thanks 1

When this series was first announced, and started with the animated Clone Wars movie I was really skeptical about the new Ahsoka character. She was too saccharine. I rolled my eyes hard when she said “sky guy”.  

but worst in my mind was wondering how they would handle her future. We never heard of Anakin having an apprentice. And we know what Anakin did as Vader, hunting and killing any Jedi he could find. Would this mean her fate would be to be killed off screen by Anakin? Murdered by a former friend? 

I love what they’ve done with her character over the years. She and Rex has been my favorite characters for many years. It’s no surprise to me the one the best things ever done for Star Wars involved those characters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

When this series was first announced, and started with the animated Clone Wars movie I was really skeptical about the new Ahsoka character. She was too saccharine. I rolled my eyes hard when she said “sky guy”.  

but worst in my mind was wondering how they would handle her future. We never heard of Anakin having an apprentice. And we know what Anakin did as Vader, hunting and killing any Jedi he could find. Would this mean her fate would be to be killed off screen by Anakin? Murdered by a former friend? 

I love what they’ve done with her character over the years. She and Rex has been my favorite characters for many years. It’s no surprise to me the one the best things ever done for Star Wars involved those characters.

100% this. I'm still working through the series, but Rebels really built on her and Rex and it brought Vader into their storyline a couple of times in a very very good way. 

Rebels is up there with Mandalorian for me. Those two series and Rogue One are the best non-original trilogy things Star Wars has produced.