"Shoot them in the hops," Scotch suggested for beer crossing Whiskey-Tequila border.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

And that's not even the craziest thing he wanted:

WASHINGTON — The Oval Office meeting this past March began, as so many had, with President Trump fuming about migrants. But this time he had a solution. As White House advisers listened astonished, he ordered them to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico — by noon the next day.

The advisers feared the president’s edict would trap American tourists in Mexico, strand children at schools on both sides of the border and create an economic meltdown in two countries. Yet they also knew how much the president’s zeal to stop immigration had sent him lurching for solutions, one more extreme than the next.

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

Most people will focus on this as disgusting anti-immigrant news. Which is understandable.

What strikes me though, is that it is also the uniquely American igranorance and glorification of guns. We get this image of the action hero taking one in the shoulder and finishing the movie fine with some ketchup on his shirt.

When in fact, if you started "shooting people in the leg" what you would have is a horror show of screaming people bleeding out in the desert.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

How is it possible to be this fucking stupid? 

Have I properly conveyed just how fucking flabbergasting I find this shit? This shit is why I drink. How is this the objective reality I live in? Oh my fucking god.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Have I properly conveyed just how fucking flabbergasting I find this shit? This shit is why I drink. How is this the objective reality I live in? Oh my fucking god.

Since I have a low tolerance for alcohol and thus am not much of a drinker, losing myself in video games and books helps with my sanity. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Since I have a low tolerance for alcohol and thus am not much of a drinker, losing myself in video games and books helps with my sanity. 

Video games and books would definitely be better for my health on multiple fronts.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Has, the Facebook chat that my friends and I use to share political garbage is called "this is why we drink"

On 10/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Jason said:

On 10/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

On 10/1/2019 at 8:33 PM, silentbob said:

No no no. Find yourself a good strain of weed with either a good movie/music, and let your worries disappear. Well not really, but you’re high enough to not give a shit

I do all of the above. It's not enough. But it helps. :p 

12 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Scotch? Yuck. Just go dive face first into a peat bog if you miss it so much.

8 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bourbon > scotch

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

Scotch is overrated but gtfo with this crap.

DEPORT