"Shoot them in the hops," Scotch suggested for beer crossing Whiskey-Tequila border.

I thought the real appeal of stuff like White Claw is that it's 100 Calories a can, so you know exactly how many extra Calories you're consuming from your booze. You can have three of them and take in the same amount of Calorie as a single craft IPA. Sometimes you just want to be able to have something in your hand without going totally overboard. 

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Scotch is my favorite alcohol overall. Nothing is safe. Launch Trump into space. :|

13 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Scotch? Yuck. Just go dive face first into a peat bog if you miss it so much.

13 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bourbon > scotch

13 hours ago, Jose said:

Scotch is overrated but gtfo with this crap.

Ah, the same people who liked that ridiculous KFC sandwich from way back. 

First: I love all whiskeys, and I drink most alcohol - whiskey is my favorite is all, and scotch is absolutely better than bourbon, though both are fantastic. It's an acquired taste, but the tastes of bourbon and scotch (and most high level hard liqours) absolutely transport you to the place they were made.

I'm talking about nice scotchs. Scotch is overrated? Not good? Who am I talking to, a bunch of children trying to get drunk off of Natty Ice? :p 

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

First: I love all whiskeys, and I drink most alcohol - whiskey is my favorite is all, and scotch is absolutely better than bourbon, though both are fantastic. It's an acquired taste, but the tastes of bourbon and scotch (and most high level hard liqours) absolutely transport you to the place they were made.

I'm talking about nice scotchs. Scotch is overrated? Not good? Who am I talking to, a bunch of children trying to get drunk off of Natty Ice? :p 

And lol at Ana apparently thinking all Scotch is super peaty. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I now like to think that you have an excel sheet with all of our info on it, and one column is "Double-Down Fan." :p 

I . . . no comment. :p 

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm coming in with a hot take: all alcohol tastes like communion wine.

I say this as someone who doesn't drink and hates the taste of alcohol, and therefore my biggest experience was as a child at church, and I associate everything with that taste. No I wasn't molested :p 

I grew up Muslim and didn't drink at all until I was nearly 20 years old. Alcohol tastes like shit at first - it's like caviar - an acquired taste. It took me awhile to get into alcohol, and even longer to find good ones, but once you get used to it it opens up whole new worlds. It's not necessary for you to get into it (healthier, certainly) but it definitely has its benefits, and I recommend anyone try to get past the beginning (like the bad opening chapters in an otherwise good video game) to get to the good stuff. 

4 hours ago, Jose said:

Whiskey is garbage so you have to throw it in oak and leave it there for at least 10 years to make it taste decent.

Coffee is shit because you have to take berry seeds, dry them out for god know how long, roast them, grind them, then run hot water through that trash before it tastes decent boo no stars

Cheese is trash because you have to coagulate a bunch of milk protein and leave it alone for months and some of it has mold in it, gross no stars

And you know... other dumbass takes. :p

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Coffee is shit because you have to take berry seeds, dry them out for god know how long, roast them, grind them, then run hot water through that trash before it tastes decent boo no stars

Cheese is trash because you have to coagulate a bunch of milk protein and leave it alone for months and some of it has mold in it, gross no stars

And you know... other dumbass takes. :p

A good silver tequila negates your point, señor.

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

And sometimes you have to first let a Vietnamese weasel digest it and then pluck it out of the weasel's shit.

5 hours ago, Jose said:

Whiskey is garbage so you have to throw it in oak and leave it there for at least 10 years to make it taste decent.

What the fuck does this even mean? Plenty of things need time to age before they taste good. Somehow whiskey doesn't get a pass. This is a terrible take from an often smart poster. :p 

This all started because I said I like good scotch. :p I didn't even know that was a controversial viewpoint! Any classy gentleman drinks good scotch. I love tequila, etc. too. I'm honestly first and foremost a sake fan because I'm a Japanophile but you get a good scotch and I will drink that shit all night and have a great level of drunk that's calm but fun. Expensive scotch with thought put into it makes a fantastic gift too. Whenever I get a new fantastic, expensive bottle of scotch, I read the description the bottle gives, load 4K drone videos done to cool music on Youtube of the place the scotch is from, close my eyes, and drink. I'm telling you, you can taste the atmosphere of each area it's from. The energy and vibe.

This goes for any good food/alcohol of course, each brings its own experience. Scotch and sake are simply my personal favorites.

Edit: New thread title is great.

4 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

ITT, a bunch of raging alcoholics argue over who is more sophisticated.

I think the issue here is we don't have enough alcoholics since plenty in here said they don't drink/don't like the taste/drink alochol but only when they can hide the taste of the alochol part. :p

I actually like the taste of scotch (and most alochol, not really a beer guy though due to calories/volume). I drink it and it goes down smoooooth. But it took training, time, etc.

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You mean people who eat and drink things that taste pleasant? I don't find pleasure in how accurately something recreates the flavor of the bottom of a muddy boot from 1874's Scottish Highlands.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

You mean people who eat and drink things that taste pleasant? I don't find pleasure in how accurately something recreates the flavor of the bottom of a muddy boot from 1874's Scottish Highlands.

Yeah, scotch hasn't been an art form or anything for those who are fans of it for decades, meaning there must be nothing to it. :p