Nintendo Direct - 9/4/19 - 6 PM EST - 40 Mins - 2019 Switch Lineup

Brian

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

OK, so, XBC getting HD is great, but they REALLY dropped the ball by not announcing XBC and XCX at the same time. 

The original announcement would have overshadowed it, especially with the work they’re putting in.

Fantastic news.  I had a few friends who never played it due to Wii graphics, so this is an easy recommendation.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Let’s watch it together in our underwear 

Furry suits only. No items. Final Destination.

14 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Terry seemed like a given for Smash, but I was really hoping for Marco from Metal Slug.

Instead of Marco, I was hoping just for the Metal Slug itself as a new playable character. Just the tank. And maybe the various soldiers from across the series can come in with guns blazing for the Final Smash or something. I mean...that sounds like a crazy enough Sakurai move, right?

14 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Fucking FINALLY SNES games. 

Jesus Christ. 

Which is fine, but...WTF Nintendo?! Why did you skip over Game Boy?! Switch is a portable system! Put your legacy portable games on your latest hardware, you cowards! 

39 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why did you skip over Game Boy?! Switch is a portable system! Put your legacy portable games on your latest hardware, you cowards! 

No way they release Gameboy games as a freebie with Switch Online before they release a Gameboy Classic. Nintendo had to make some money on hardware first.

24 minutes ago, Brick said:

Great direct. XBC getting an HD remaster is very nice. Loved that game. Really need to play the new one. 

It's really good, almost to the first game's level.  There's a few aspects of it I don't love, and the resolution is an issue portability.  But it's a worthy sequel, and ties into the first game in unexpected ways.  I love the carrot they dangle for most of the game, and how it gets resolved is wild.

I'll be playing through the expansion/prequel soon.  Also supposed to be good.

my birthday is next week and im really considering getting a switch. Definitely a bunch of games coming i wouldn't mind playing. The Mana series, Luigis Mansion, Links Awakening, a few of the SNES games, Xenoblades, plus a few already-released games. 

My only question is do I go with the switch lite or the new version of the switch. i dont ever see me playing docked, but i would hate to not have that option at all. but i really like the size of the lite. :thinking:

11 minutes ago, atom631 said:

my birthday is next week and im really considering getting a switch. Definitely a bunch of games coming i wouldn't mind playing. The Mana series, Luigis Mansion, Links Awakening, a few of the SNES games, Xenoblades, plus a few already-released games. 

My only question is do I go with the switch lite or the new version of the switch. i dont ever see me playing docked, but i would hate to not have that option at all. but i really like the size of the lite. :thinking:

Lite isn’t out yet. I would wait for reviews. There are some games that do perform better docked like Xenoblade 2 (IMO unplayable in handheld) and it will be interesting to see the Lite’s performance with such games. 

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lite isn’t out yet. I would wait for reviews. There are some games that do perform better docked like Xenoblade 2 (IMO unplayable in handheld) and it will be interesting to see the Lite’s performance with such games. 

The 20th I believe, correct? My birthday is the 13th. I have a 10% off coupon for BB that expires on the 30th. Is the updated switch out? 

Also - did the lite not receive a performance boost? Just scalled down body and removal of docking components?