Nintendo Direct - 9/4/19 - 6 PM EST - 40 Mins - 2019 Switch Lineup

Brian

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

The 20th I believe, correct? My birthday is the 13th. I have a 10% off coupon for BB that expires on the 30th. Is the updated switch out? 

Also - did the lite not receive a performance boost? Just scalled down body and removal of docking components? 

No performance boost for either the Switch Lite or the "new" Switch.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

No way they release Gameboy games as a freebie with Switch Online before they release a Gameboy Classic. Nintendo had to make some money on hardware first.

I'm totally down with a Game Boy Classic. You hear me, Nintendo?!? Put out a classic version of one of your most important and successful pieces of hardware, you cowards! 

43 minutes ago, atom631 said:

The 20th I believe, correct? My birthday is the 13th. I have a 10% off coupon for BB that expires on the 30th. Is the updated switch out? 

Also - did the lite not receive a performance boost? Just scalled down body and removal of docking components? 

Yes the 20th and the updated Switch is out.  Lite will have no performance boost. It is just a smaller, lighter Switch with a proper dpad, but no dock or joycons. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/this_official_switch_lite_flip_cover_looks_perfect_for_keeping_your_console_safe

A cool case for the Lite if you get it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yes. It has a box that is red (at least on the sides, I think?) so you can tell it apart from the OG units that came out at launch.

Like GDG said, you can tell by the box. If the background is a solid red like this link, it is the new version. The old version is white. If you are into modding, you may want to consider an old one.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Deamon X Machina demo is fun! Come play your weird alternate universe Armored Core today! Bonus fact: its the epilogue of the game and your progress transfers to the full game, which is releasing next week! :sun:

I think you mean prologue. Epilogue is at the end, and I can't see a demo giving away the ending lol :p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

SNES games are live. You have to go to the Nintendo Online section in the eshop on the left hand side then download the new SNES app. I wish they combined the two into one app but whatevas.

Are you insane? 

Combine Super Nintendo Entertainment System for Nintendo Switch Online with Nintendo Entertainment System for Nintendo Switch Online?

Stick to message board posting bro and let the designers make those decisions. 

• Haha 2

I can't wait to see how horribly Stunt Trax FX held up.

I actually really liked that game back in the day, but there's no way it doesnt look like hot garbage now.

Hey, stupid question.. never actually tried, but, can you have the switch docked with player one being a switch controller and player two being the two joycons connected to that plastic mock controller it comes with? As opposed to both players using the joycons?

10 hours ago, atom631 said:

Nothing received a performance boost. At least not according to Nintendo and their guidelines. The update is technically more powerful, but devs are forbidden from improving performance on any specific SKU. At least based on some half-remembered information I remember hearing/reading a few days ago.

3 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I actually really liked that game back in the day, but there's no way it doesnt look like hot garbage now.

It runs at like 5 fps lol. But I have enough nostalgia for it that I had some fun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Hey, stupid question.. never actually tried, but, can you have the switch docked with player one being a switch controller and player two being the two joycons connected to that plastic mock controller it comes with? As opposed to both players using the joycons?

Yes. 

• Like 1

I’ve accepted now that I won’t be buying a Switch until next Summer, but at least there’s going to be a lot to play. Good direct all round, although I would rally hope that they make side quest locating a bit more obvious is Xenoblade. Distinctly remember in the 15 hours I’ve played being confused as fuck, wandering around with no real clue.

10 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I played it a bit last night while having a few...adult beverages. The game was TERRIBLE when I first started playing it.

But by the end of the night? Best game ever!

Also, I noticed this morning that all of the vodka in my house is gone. Weird.