Debate thread, 2 debate 2 Democrat

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Well someone was going to go after her record eventually. Harris had such a terrible night.

Yep.

Tulsi harder on Harris than Assad on a layup question. Sad!

You can hold that he is these things and still not want to push for intervention in Syria or war against his benefactors in Tehran. 

56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yep.

Tulsi harder on Harris than Assad on a layup question. Sad!

You can hold that he is these things and still not want to push for intervention in Syria or war against his benefactors in Tehran. 

I love how these fools equate meeting someone to supporting them. The mental gymnastics of politics.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Harris didn’t seem prepared for Gabbard’s attacks.  I guess that’s what happens when you hire team Hillary 

Probably a combo of that and marijuana legalization being new territory for Democratic candidates. Many laughed it off for years, "evolved," and haven't really been asked any questions about previous disinterestedness.

It's a pity because many of these people could have had marijuana possession on their records, which could have hurt college prospects or their college career, stopped them from finishing school, stopped them from becoming Senators, and it wouldn't have been funny.

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I love how these fools equate meeting someone to supporting them. The mental gymnastics of politics.

That wasn't the question though. It's an easy as hell spin.

Anyway more from the best candidate evar

Bleeding russian/Breitbart talking points but she's a cute Dem so all is forgiven

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

She's also a favorite of India's right-wing Hindu chauvanist government whose rhetoric is making life miserable for Muslims AND Christians there.

To hell with her.  She goes to the wall.

Instead of putting on the wall, can she just be my wife first? And then put her on the wall when the inevitable divorce happens?

44 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Harris' wishy-washy background, and her prosecutorial record, along with her faux attempt at looking like a progressive now has always made me wary of her, as I've said. All still holds true now. There are aspects of her I like but we have better candidates to make President in the field.

Her Backpage prosecution was actively malicious. She kept going after them until she could get something to stick.

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yang should be disqualified based on his answers on climate alone. 

Why? If climate change is that bad and certain, there is no way we (America) can stop it.  America could reduce it's carbon output 100%, but we account for something like 15% off world carbon output. 

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yang should be disqualified based on his answers on climate alone. 

We need to have companies internalize the cost of carbon emissions to provide incentives for them to innovate and invest in cleaner technologies and processes.  If you are pumping carbon into the atmosphere you should pay your fellow citizens for it as we all pay for it in the end. We also need to transfer the benefits to citizens directly and use the money to improve the efficiency and availability of renewable energy.

What is wrong with this?

5 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Why? If climate change is that bad and certain, there is no way we (America) can stop it.  America could reduce it's carbon output 100%, but we account for something like 15% off world carbon output. 

You just restated his answer, which was a bad answer.

No country's output is 50% or higher. The highest emitters are around 15 - 16 percent. We are one of the worst. If we alone worked on it -- and we're one of the worst to meet the Paris accord as well -- we'd make considerable progress in reducing worldwide emissions.

We need to stop it, and we need to work on adapting to inevitable short-term changes while we do. It's idiotic to take your worldview, which is to do nothing for ages and then go, "Now we can't stop it because we didn't act on time because we listened to me so listen to me again." Fuck that.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

You just restated his answer, which was a bad answer.

No country's output is 50% or higher. The highest emitters are around 15 - 16 percent. We are one of the worst. If we alone worked on it -- and we're one of the worst to meet the Paris accord as well -- we'd make considerable progress in reducing worldwide emissions.

We need to stop it, and we need to work on adapting to inevitable short-term changes while we do. It's idiotic to take your worldview, which is to do nothing for ages and then go, "Now we can't stop it because we didn't act on time because we listened to me so listen to me again." Fuck that.

His answer was not bad. He didn't say we should ignore climate change at all, or stop trying to fight it.