Nintendo Switch Lite is a smaller, cheaper Switch built exclusively for handheld play ($199)

SaysWho?

Got my switch lite today, haven’t played it yet but did take it out of the box to have a look. The size and weight seem much better imo. I went with the grey (was borderline looking at the yellow) and having seen the color after opening it I’m more than happy with my choice. :)

Now for the painful process of transferring everything over tonight (a co-worker is buying my old unit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Got my switch lite today, haven’t played it yet but did take it out of the box to have a look. The size and weight seem much better imo. I went with the grey (was borderline looking at the yellow) and having seen the color after opening it I’m more than happy with my choice. :)

Now for the painful process of transferring everything over tonight (a co-worker is buying my old unit.

Is it not as simple as the 3DS?

Also are you getting the LE Pokémon Lite in November? I’m thinking hard about pre-ordering it. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Is it not as simple as the 3DS?

Also are you getting the LE Pokémon Lite in November? I’m thinking hard about pre-ordering it. 

Not as simple and over all much worse. You can only transfer users & saves (not downloads) and you can only do that for users tied to a nintendo id account. So if you have a guest account for a friend, you can't transfer their saves. Then you have to manually go into nintendo eShop on each account to redownload any digital games. It's really really bad process. -.-

Also sadly I'm passing on the Pokemon model because I had a deal too good to pass up on and had to purchase it today (retailer I bought it from gave me $160 in credit/points for my purchase, Shoppers Drug Mart for any Canadian reading). So really I'm only paying $130 for the system after tax and selling my old switch for $280. 

Oh one more complaint about the switch migration process. Once you've transferred over your accounts you would think you could just simply pop out your memory stick and plug it in to the other switch. Nope switch immediately tells you that you can't and the memory stick has to be formatted first before it can be used. Nintendo has truely made this migration process awful. -.-

On the flip side, I do love the lite over the original. Weight is great, screen is fantastic and everything feels sturdy/solid in my hands. If you spend 100% of your switch time in handheld mode the lite is a no brainer. 

19 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone have a case for their lite yet?  Looking for recommendations

LIke a travel case?  I bought this the other day and seems fine...only 10 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Tempered-Protector-Protective-Accessories/dp/B07VSNYGL7/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=switch+lite+ztotop&qid=1569610026&sr=8-7

7 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone have a case for their lite yet?  Looking for recommendations

I bought the grey hori one. The materials are nice but my biggest complaint is it feels not deep enough for the switch lite, so you’ll get the feeling that it’s not going to close. So I’m sure in the long run the zipper will break. Still the price was decent.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-carry-case-and-screen-protector-for-nintendo-switch-lite-gray/6360914.p?skuId=6360914

I’ve heard the hori hard case is good, but it doesn’t include a screen protector.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:54 PM, vaxick said:

Looks like the Switch Lite has now been included in the class action lawsuit regarding the analogue stick drift issue.

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2019/9/28/20888540/nintendo-switch-joy-con-drift-lawsuit-switch-lite-repairs

don't know why nintendo couldn't figure this out with a new design years after the switch release. for now it seems like I'll be replacing sticks every 6-9 months for the life of the switch. the lites sticks don't look easily replaceable like the joycons too.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:43 AM, mach250 said:

don't know why nintendo couldn't figure this out with a new design years after the switch release. for now it seems like I'll be replacing sticks every 6-9 months for the life of the switch. the lites sticks don't look easily replaceable like the joycons too.

The scary part about the Lite is I imagine they'll be replacing them with a refurb unit and in Nintendo's world, that means you'll be playing the panel lottery.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, Biggie said:

@chakoo If I were to buy this Lite system can I keep it completely separate from my main Switch console? I’d only want to play certain games on it in handheld mode such as Pokémon, Dragon Quest, etc.   Or do they have to be connected with my original Switch account?

I don’t think it HAS to be connected, but that’s how I have mine set up. I log into my account on the OG Switch when playing something like Smash, but I’ve been logging onto and using the Lite for all my Pokémon stuff.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I don’t think it HAS to be connected, but that’s how I have mine set up. I log into my account on the OG Switch when playing something like Smash, but I’ve been logging onto and using the Lite for all my Pokémon stuff.

Picked up the Limited Edition Pokemon Switch Lite on my lunch break today along with a 32gb micro card. :santasun:

• Like 1

Surprisingly this was very easy to set up and link my accounts together. Just minutes into it and I was already re-downloading the games that I wanted to play on my Lite from my eShop account. Also the Pokémon edition is absolutely beautiful and feels great. It’s awesome to be able to play my original Switch in docked mode but be able to play the Lite when I wanna play something in handheld.