Nintendo Switch Lite is a smaller, cheaper Switch built exclusively for handheld play ($199)

SaysWho?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Did they ever fix the joycon drift problem?

I don’t think they’ve ever really fixed it, though I haven’t heard many switch lite horror stories compared to joycons. No drift yet here 100+ hours in. *knocks on wood

Never answered your earlier question, but yes, still loving it. Play it every day, barely touched og switch since I got it. It’s my favorite handheld ever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@stepee

I was thinking about getting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey,  Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. if i get one.

I’m personally not a fan of BOTW so much, but most people seem to love it. I had more fun with Links Awakening but most wouldn’t agree. Loved all the others though! Already over 50 hours on AC. I have almost 200 switch games so I might have a slight problem lol. But lots of great stuff on it.

14 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@stepee

I was thinking about getting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey,  Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. if i get one.

Switch is worth it even if all you ever do is get BotW, Odyssey, and use it as a mobile system for 2D indie games.

But it also has a lot of other great games, especially if you skipped the Wii U.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wonder what's got them all sold out now?Has production been slowed due to the pandemic? Are people just bored at home and buying them like crazy? Both?

My friend's kid is wanting one for his birthday, but he can't find one so he's been asking if anyone has a used one for sale.

I think it's a little bit of everything. There has also been a lot of hype for Animal Crossing, so that might be part of it as well. It seems to have attracted a lot of attention from casual gamers.

22 hours ago, Chris- said:

I think it's a little bit of everything. There has also been a lot of hype for Animal Crossing, so that might be part of it as well. It seems to have attracted a lot of attention from casual gamers.

Correct. The supply chain still isn't fully up to to speed, there was a rush to buy more consoles with Animal Crossing, and folks started looking to gaming for these self isolating days.

I know my wife has been watching sites everyday looking for a Switch Lite. She was fine sharing my console, but now she wants her own since Animal Crossing came out.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:32 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wonder what's got them all sold out now?Has production been slowed due to the pandemic? Are people just bored at home and buying them like crazy? Both?

My friend's kid is wanting one for his birthday, but he can't find one so he's been asking if anyone has a used one for sale.

Confirm what others have said. Supply chain in china had been halted for longer than it normally does and things are just slowly starting to ramp back up. The other side is there has been a higher demand on games atm due to people being stuck at home and needing something to escape. 

Sadly if getting things sent internationally wasn't such a pain right now, I've had no issue still finding switch lites locally. I actually saw one just yesterday (the coral color).

Or hold off until the new model. 

• 11 months later...

Ooo, nice color. I'm still generally happy with my grey color but if I was buying one now I would probably get this one. 

12 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

With chip shortages, if you are interested, make sure you preorder if possible 

I wouldn't worry that much. Sure maybe out of the gate it might be hard to track one down but for the most part lites are not in the same demand as regular switches and I can find all colors pretty easily locally.