Trump plans paid VIP section for July 4 celebration

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hard hitting journalism

I could not stop laughing when I first heard this.  I thought it was an intentional joke at first, right up until the speech ended.  When I realized it wasn’t it made the whole thing 1000x funnier.

Why was this not vetted by a speechwriter, though?  Anyone who took middle school American history could catch this kind of factual snafu.

5 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I could not stop laughing when I first heard this.  I thought it was an intentional joke at first, right up until the speech ended.  When I realized it wasn’t it made the whole thing 1000x funnier.

Why was this not vetted by a speechwriter, though?  Anyone who took middle school American history could catch this kind of factual snafu.

Because, and I'm not making this up, Trump couldn't read what was on the teleprompter because of the rain. So he was ad libbing a lot of this. This is Trump and his big brain. 

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Because, and I'm not making this up, Trump couldn't read what was on the teleprompter because of the rain. So he was ad libbing a lot of this. This is Trump and his big brain. 

The best brain.