Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers

54 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I saw Sony has "Exclusive" Content, which kinda effects PS Cross Play some.

Wonder if Xbox and PC will be Cross Play and Sony won't, but they can't talk about that because of the Marketing deal.

I only heard that SONY had early access to the Beta, didn't hear about anything else. 

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I only played Borderlands 2, but the "solo campaign" was just like Diablo 3 and Destiny: meant to be played using the online component 

Pretty sure you'll have 3 AI heroes with you if you have no friends...just sayin' :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They picked a great time to finally release the game. I just might be bored enough come September to actually buy it.

Check that... I'll be so tired of getting teased by Sony and Microsoft and having Ubi dangling Watchdogs and Valhalla in my face, I'll probably buy Avengers for the simple fact that it will actually be a released game that can be purchased.

Anyone else think this project is just a huge waste of talent, time, and resources? To have both Crystal Dynamics (Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider) and Eidos-Montreal (Deus Ex, Thief) and their respective satellite studios, Crystal Northwest and Eidos-Sherbrooke, all under the Square Enix Europe banner (formerly Eidos Interactive), ALL working on this one game for years?

I just don't know. We could have had a good new Tomb Raider and Deus Ex game by now separately, rather than . . . this.

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone else think this project is just a huge waste of talent, time, and resources? To have both Crystal Dynamic (Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider) and Eidos-Montreal (Deus Ex, Thief) and their respective satellite studios, Crystal Northwest and Eidos-Sherbrooke, all under the Square Enix Europe banner (formerly Eidos Interactive), ALL working on this one game for years?

I just don't know. We could have had a good new Tomb Raider and Deus Ex game by now separately, rather than . . . this.

Yep, although you would think that the talent pool of those combined studios would have made a more interesting looking game. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone else think this project is just a huge waste of talent, time, and resources? To have both Crystal Dynamic (Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider) and Eidos-Montreal (Deus Ex, Thief) and their respective satellite studios, Crystal Northwest and Eidos-Sherbrooke, all under the Square Enix Europe banner (formerly Eidos Interactive), ALL working on this one game for years?

I agree. The more they show of the game the less it looks like something I would enjoy. It sucks all these resources are going to another destiny type game. I’d be way more excited for a new deus ex game 

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

I agree. The more they show of the game the less it looks like something I would enjoy. It sucks all these resources are going to another destiny type game. I’d be way more excited for a new deus ex game 

Same, I loved both Human Revolution (Director's Cut) and Mankind Divided. And the Tomb Raider trilogy (the first two by Crystal Dynamic, the third by Eidos-Montreal) was also solid. A real shame. We haven't even seen a new Legacy of Kain in ages and we got one new Thief reboot and that's it. And now years between all of this just spent solely on Marvel's Avengers?

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Spiderman exclusive to PS. Microsoft gonna moneyhat Wolverine

Well... I'm out.  I was never really in on this game.  Kinda on the fence.  But i'm an xbox guy so when they start announcing features I won't get it makes my decision easy.

Greg Miller mentioned an interesting point earlier on Kinda Funny. He said that CD and Sqeenix were touting that they'd want to one day not only offer cross-gen play but cross-platform as well. 

That would be kinda fucked if Xbox and PC players literally had the Spider-Man assets in their games for the sole purpose of being able to see when PS gamers were using him.

10 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Greg Miller mentioned an interesting point earlier on Kinda Funny. He said that CD and Sqeenix were touting that they'd want to one day not only offer cross-gen play but cross-platform as well. 

That would be kinda fucked if Xbox and PC players literally had the Spider-Man assets in their games for the sole purpose of being able to see when PS gamers were using him.

The fact it doesn't have Cross Play at launch makes me think the fact Sony has this exclusive content is the main reason we don't have it.

Destiny 2 didn't offer cross save until they got out from under Activision's exclusivity deals with Sony as well.

I don't care about the Spiderman character specifically, but if it's blocking cross platform play from happening, which for a Games as a Service Multiplayer Co-op Game in 2020, should be a standard thing at this point, it's bullshit and a reason I'm thinking of canceling my Pre-Order.

So they are announcing today even more content including cosmetic things like outfits and emotes - plus some challenges that will be timed exclusives for PlayStation.  Its kind of comical at this point.  Why not just make the game a timed exclusive for PlayStation.  That would make more sense.  Only fools would pay the same $60 for this on Xbox knowing they are getting a gimped game compared to the other console.