It Chapter Two Discussion Thread (Update: Final Trailer)

25 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I am not a fan of scary movies but they always intrigue me. That trailer freaked me the fuck out. :cry:

I'm really not a horror fan at all. It's not that I'm too scared to watch them, the genre just never really did much for me. There are some exceptions, though, and IT is one of them. I also wanted to see Pet Sematary, but the reviews weren't so hot, so I'm gonna wait til it comes out on blu-ray. I do like some of Stephen King's work, though he's kinda hit or miss for me.

I enjoy watching scary movies and feeling scared or a sense of dread. The first movie didn't give me any of those feelings. I wanted to like it but I don't find the look of the clown to be scary and his voice is annoying. I also find that kid from Stranger Things to be too recognizable. So seeing him in the same type of role riding around a town on his bike felt off. Guess my point is, I'll see this movie on blu ray. Saw the last one in theater and was let down. 

Not gonna lie, that scene did not strike much fear in me and felt unintentionally funny at times.  I liked the first movie a lot though.  It was a massive improvement on the TV miniseries in every way except Tim Curry's performance so I'm looking forward to seeing this.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Looks awesome. I'm really doubting I finish the book before this releases, but that's okay. I really want this movie.

Finish it. They've already confirmed a scene from the end of the book will be in the movie, and depending on how well they do it, it will greatly help to already know wtf is happening.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 8:31 PM, TheLeon said:

Holy crap that was a long movie.

I enjoyed it, but it’s kinda all over the place. 

agreed. decent, but too long and a bit of a mess. It was still fun, but 

Spoiler

the mantra of king can't write an ending while amusing is quite honestly accurate for a number of his works, and this time around was dead on..granted this wasn't king's original vision for the ending, but it seems even the team behind the movie couldn't really stick the landing so to speak. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Brick said:

Still wish they had gotten Amy Adams to play grown up Beth since the younger actress looks so much like her, but still I'm really looking forward to this. The first one was good, spooky fun.

That's literally my only complaint about the film. Amy Adams was the spot on choice for adult Bev. 

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just saw it and I agree... was long, all over the place and not as good as the first but still entertaining.  The first was much scarier than this one.

I disagree. As much as enjoyed the first film, I felt this one was infinitely better. MUCH better scares and use of horror. Everything came together, and I didn't feel it was all over the place at all.