It Chapter Two Discussion Thread (Update: Final Trailer)

31 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The miniseries handles some of the adult stuff better in my opinion. Ben’s entire backstory on his weight loss is missing in this movie, and it’s  a hilarious story. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I felt the same way. Kept waiting for Tom to kidnap Audra. Kinda bummed they didn’t include that plot line, but I get it. Movie was already long enough. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Of both movies?

No just this one I think. Might not be actually four hours because the press sometimes doesn't understand that a first cut being four hours isn't exactly what it sounds like (since as you know that is just basically all the footage lined up in the order before they start trimming scenes), but I have heard of a longer cut. Maybe for the Blu-ray. 

There's a few scenes in the theatrical cut that aren't really needed, and are just in it for another quick scare, like the "firefly" scene for example; adds nothing to advance the plot. 

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

No just this one I think. Might not be actually four hours because the press sometimes doesn't understand that a first cut being four hours isn't exactly what it sounds like (since as you know that is just basically all the footage lined up in the order before they start trimming scenes), but I have heard of a longer cut. Maybe for the Blu-ray. 

There's a few scenes in the theatrical cut that aren't really needed, and are just in it for another quick scare, like the "firefly" scene for example; adds nothing to advance the plot. 

That's called "An Assembly Cut".

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's called "An Assembly Cut".

Exactly, but that doesn't stop sites putting out articles talking about how "Blockbuster X originally had three and a half hour runtime first cut!". Being in the industry we know that's not what that means.