Breaking Bad Movie Will Premiere on AMC and Netflix

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I kind of want to watch this but it's been SO LONG since I finished the Breaking Bad series.

There's a recap at the start that gets you caught back up. That, along with movie itself, really made me want to rewatch the entire series.Ā 

• Like 1

First of all, wow at the cinematography! There were always shots in Breaking Bad that were gloriously pretty but in El Camino, whole other level for sure. Very happy with the story, Skinny Pete is the fucking man, and I'm happy with how everything played out. Still quite a few unanswered questions but hopefully with at least 1 if not 2 more seasons of Better Call Saul, we may have more answers coming in the years to come. A solid film, 8.5/10!

Movie was awesome. Not perfect, but very good, and well done fan service for BB fans. I actually think the cinematography in Better Call Saul is better, and I like that show's languid pace and contemplative tone more than BB or this movie, which does that but not as often. But that's splitting hairs - this shit was great all around. I also would have appreciated less time on flashbacks, but again, they were great so I didn't mind too much.

Need to watch this tonight after the Astros game. As I said back when this was announced, it sounded like a bad idea but I trust Vince. Sounds like they pulled it off!

I'm happy with the way the movie turned out. Wasn't anything ground breaking but if you're a fan of BB, there's no reason not to watch it. My small issue was

Ā 

how quickly Jesse changed in the beginning from mentally broken when arriving to skinny Pete's, to functioning fine after a shower and shave.

Ā 

I'll also say, I really enjoyed Todd singing along to the music with his hand out the window when they went to bury the cleaning lady:lol:

Ā 

Ā 

I liked it a lot. It's a fitting epilogue to the show, but you can tell they had a lot more time than usual to shoot it. There were times when it felt like maybe it was trying a bit too hard on the cinematography, but overall it was a beautifully shot film. It looked especially gorgeous in 4K HDR.

Ā 

Ā 

I was surprised that it was released in theaters. The local ArcLight has it playing, which I didn't think was a thing for any day and date releases.

Ā