Breaking Bad Movie Will Premiere on AMC and Netflix

Will premiere on Netflix first.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the feature-length movie will be a sequel revolving around Aaron Paul, who will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jesse Pinkman. Sources also confirm that Netflix will have first-run rights to the top-secret project, which will then air on AMC. (Representatives for AMC, Netflix and producers Sony Pictures TV all declined to comment.)

As THR previously reported, the Breaking Bad movie will be written by original series creator Vince Gilligan, who will exec produce the project alongside franchise collaborators Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Gilligan, sources say, will direct the film, which will follow the escape of a kidnapped man (Paul's Jesse) and his quest for freedom. 

31 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Premiering on Netflix first is surprising the hell out of me. Seems like it would be the other way around. Definitely not complaining! 

I know while Breaking Bad was airing the new episodes would become available abroad (or at least in the UK) right after the US airing. And I think they've done that with other shows. So it's not like this is the first time AMC and Netflix have made this sort of arrangement. 

On 2/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, Jason said:

I know while Breaking Bad was airing the new episodes would become available abroad (or at least in the UK) right after the US airing. And I think they've done that with other shows. So it's not like this is the first time AMC and Netflix have made this sort of arrangement. 

So far it has been the same with Better Call Saul, too. I can stream the episodes from Netflix here in Germany just a few days after they air in the US. :daydream:

• 6 months later...
58 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Jesus I thought I was way behind having just watched the entire series just after Better Call Saul had its first season ... what are you waiting on man?

I don't know. My friends have been telling me to watch the show since the first season. I can still recall coming into work every week and half the floor would be discussing the show. One of these days I'll get around to picking it up and watching it. 

24 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I don't know. My friends have been telling me to watch the show since the first season. I can still recall coming into work every week and half the floor would be discussing the show. One of these days I'll get around to picking it up and watching it. 

It's one of those shows that really picks up steam as it goes. You're not gonna get why people rave about it if you've only watched the first few episodes.

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The movie comes out before the final season of Better Call Saul, updating us on what Jesse is doing. This makes me wonder if Jesse will show up in the "present" timeline of BTS. Maybe he will run into Gene?

Is the next season to be confirmed the last, because I thought Gilligan said there would be 2 more!?

27 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I thought the next season of BCS was the last as well. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

I'm pretty sure it is the last. Could have sworn it was announced that the fifth would be the final when they said they're taking a year off, and that the series would come back in 2020.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:17 AM, Nokra said:

Also interesting is that they noted that this may be the last season of the show since Breaking Bad was also capped at five seasons and things are quickly catching up to where they were in that show. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It says may be the last season, which I do recall, but it was in no way confirmed is how I understood things. 

Right, I'm just posting where I'm pretty sure the confusion about it being the last season or not came from, I think people are half-remembering the discussion in that thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...