Update: SCOTUS blocks $6 billion Purdue Pharma bankruptcy/opioid settlement that would have given the Sackler family immunity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

There are some excellent books on how shitty the Sacklers are. Dopesick is next on my list.

Dopesick is an excellent book. 

Im not a medical professional, but I am a guard in a forensic mental health facility, so these kinds of things are really interesting to me. The book is a gut wrenching read. That family is evil personified.

• 2 years later...

Can we just shove some of their pills down their throat and literally give them a taste of their own medicine?

I recently started a new job at a cannabis shop and we have had several older people come in because they were tired of taking these pills. We can’t give medical advice but some seem to of found their “new medicine” One was even recovering from a broken neck and a couple cracked vertebrae. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sounds like a big quality of life improvement, then!

I won’t lie that I feel mentally better overall, still anxious and little anxiety learning a new trade. I have tons of my own stuff, but now I gotta learn of other strains and effects they would have on people. Some strains I know now listed as something else by the breeders themselves. More then I thought I would need to know/learn but thankfully everyone else there have had a chance to sample most of the product at one time or another. 

• 2 weeks later...
20210812_095952_wide-74de5efdf3e2ff2344d
WWW.NPR.ORG

The decision by a federal bankruptcy judge grants members of the family who own Purdue Pharma, maker of OxyContin, sweeping protection from any liability for the opioid crisis.

Members of the Sackler family who are at the center of the nation's deadly opioid crisis have won sweeping immunity from opioid lawsuits linked to their privately owned company Purdue Pharma and its OxyContin medication.

Federal Judge Robert Drain approved a bankruptcy settlement on Wednesday that grants the Sacklers "global peace" from any liability for the opioid epidemic.

The deal grants "releases" from liability for harm caused by OxyContin and other opioids to the Sacklers, hundreds of their associates, as well as their remaining empire of companies and trusts.

In return, they have agreed to pay roughly $4.3 billion, while also forfeiting ownership of Purdue Pharma

• Guillotine 5

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Federal bankruptcy judge grants "sweeping immunity" to Sackler family from all future opioid lawsuits
  • 3 months later...
JIQZF2EOBRKYPIWZRELM6AFPQ4.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

A federal judge has thrown out a $4.5 billion settlement that would have shielded the Sackler family, which owned OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma, from future lawsuits over opioids, upending the company's plan to reorganize in bankruptcy court.

• Like 4

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Federal judge vacates $4.5 billion settlement that shielded Sackler family from future opioid lawsuits
  • 1 year later...