Update: SCOTUS blocks $6 billion Purdue Pharma bankruptcy/opioid settlement that would have given the Sackler family immunity

man seriously though i’ve never had so much pure hatred towards someone when thinking of everything. I don’t know why this is ptsd’ing my pain so much, that nasty false promise fucking cunt. I also know what addiction is like so I guess it hits harder too. But man I would love to be in an unsupervised room with Richard and just beat his fucking skull in until there’s almost no flesh left.

• Hugs 2

Oh yeah - I mean to update this thread with the most recent development:

230511100144-03-file-supreme-court.jpg?c
EDITION.CNN.COM

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked Purdue Pharma from going forward with bankruptcy proceedings, which the Biden administration has called an “unprecedented” arrangement that would ultimately offer the Sackler family broad protection from opioid-related civil claims.

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked Purdue Pharma from going forward with bankruptcy proceedings, which the Biden administration has called an “unprecedented” arrangement that would ultimately offer the Sackler family broad protection from opioid-related civil claims.

In agreeing to pause the settlement, the court also said it would take up the case and hear arguments this December.

The case arose after the reorganization in bankruptcy of OxyContin manufacturer Purdue Pharma – stemming from litigation arising from claims over its role in fueling the opioid addiction crisis.

Until recently, Purdue was controlled by the Sackler family, who withdrew billions of dollars from the company before it filed for bankruptcy. The family has now agreed to contribute up to $6 billion to Purdue’s reorganization fund on the condition that the Sacklers receive a release from civil liability.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: SCOTUS blocks $6 billion Purdue Pharma bankruptcy/opioid settlement that would have given the Sackler family immunity