The Official Thread of Entertainment Industry Sexual Predation

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Probably should have out this in the Hollywood sexual Predation thread on the entertainment board. Or started it's own thread... this has nothing to do with Trump. Tagging this to read later.

Cliff notes: don’t.

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Why's that? I was considering reading it since I generally have liked Ronan Farrow's work that I've seen. 

It is an article by Matt Lauer “investigating” his own case and essentially trying to discredit Farrow’s work. No bias whatsoever...

22 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

It is an article by Matt Lauer “investigating” his own case and essentially trying to discredit Farrow’s work. No bias whatsoever...

Yeah I ended up reading it... he points out some stuff that "technically" may have been improper that Ronan Farrow may have done and there may have been some sloppy reporting by Farrow but nothing exonerates him or discredits the reporting. It's kinda weak to be honest. Farrow's "fact checking" definitely raises some eyebrows though.

11 hours ago, Nokra said:

@MarSolo I moved the posts about Matt Lauer here to this thread on the Entertainment board since it seemed to fit more with the topic, but if you prefer it in the old thread just let me know and I can move it back.

I absolutely forgot this thread existed until skillz mentioned it yesterday, so it definitely belongs here. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 8:34 AM, Jason said:

Ricky Bobby GIF by memecandy

This is how I feel now that one of my favorite comic writers has just gotten accused. Warren Ellis

Warren Ellis responds to sexual assault allegations.  He's also a producer and writer on Netflix' Castlevania series.

The 'Transmetropolitan' and 'Authority' writer released a statement on Thursday evening, following days of women coming forward with claims he coerced them into romantic and sexual relationships. In a statement released Thursday evening, comic book and animation writer Warren Ellis responded to multiple allegations appearing on social media this week that he had abused his position within the industry to coerce women into romantic and sexual relationships.

“While I’ve made many bad choices in my past, and I’ve said a lot of wrong things, let me be clear, I have never consciously coerced, manipulated, or abused anyone, nor have I ever assaulted anybody. But I was ignorant of where I was operating from at a time I should have been clear and for that I accept 100% responsibility,” Ellis wrote in a statement on Twitter and on his now-closed Orbital Operations newsletter. “I have always tried to aid and support women in their lives and careers, but I have hurt many people that I had no intention of hurting. I am culpable. I take responsibility for my mistakes. I will do better and for that, I apologize.”

Women started coming forward on social media about Ellis’ alleged misconduct earlier this week; a Twitter thread about a group collecting their experiences noted not only commonalities in stories, but also the number of women speaking up. By Thursday evening, almost 50 women had joined the group. A number of women claimed that Ellis approached them when they were young, offered help as a mentor and then moved the relationships physical, with the women — wanting to break into the industry — not feeling like they could say no. 

DC, which is currently in the middle of publishing Ellis’ The Batman’s Grave with artist Bryan Hitch, declined to comment regarding the status of that series or Ellis’ future work with the company. Netflix, which has already wrapped production on the next season of Ellis' Castlevania series, also declined to comment.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s a #SpeakOut/#SpeakingOut movement starting in Professional Wrestling. A few people are slowly compiling a list of wrestlers and it’s allegedly REALLY long with a lot of big names.

The following names are likely done for a very long time.

Joey Ryan - Impact

Dave Crist - Impact

David Starr - independent

Travis Banks - NXT UK

Ligero - NXT UK

Also, the Knight family (Paige's mom, dad, and brothers) have been accused of various abuse which isn't exactly shocking since they're carniest of the carnies. Paige is somehow the good one, likely by spending the most time away from them, but she's still pretty fucked up. Puts Fighting with My Family in a different light.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s a #SpeakOut/#SpeakingOut movement starting in Professional Wrestling. A few people are slowly compiling a list of wrestlers and it’s allegedly REALLY long with a lot of big names.

Do you think they'll make a big show out of this or maybe they will undertake some changes?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/20/2020 at 2:40 AM, TheLeon said:

Who’s next from the cast of Baby Driver? I swear if it comes out that Jon Hamm was ever a predator, I’ll lose my last shred of faith in humanity. 

Jon Hamm had a drinking problem and was arrested for some pretty cruel hazing in college. I wouldn't be surprised.

35 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Jon Hamm had a drinking problem and was arrested for some pretty cruel hazing in college. I wouldn't be surprised.

Hamm attended UT for three semesters, from 1989 to 1990. Though he aspired to be an actor, his top priorities at the time “were getting laid and getting hammered,” he told W magazine in a 2008 interview.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/10/report-jon-hamm-star-of-mad-men-was-arrested-in-collge-for-brutally-hazing-another-student/

:nervous: