Biden administration plans to reclassify marijuana, easing restrictions nationwide

It's honestly hard to believe it's taken this long. This as seemed like an obvious move for so long. 

I didn't realize that this alone will help with tax issues for marijuana companies in legal states. That's definitely a good thing.

Just read the entire article and “it’s a start” More research material being available is great and should help it eventually get out of schedule III. It should be treated like tobacco/alcohol and look into the research of the legal states/countries that have legalized it already to see the harm it might of caused. Via health alerts (people calling panicking being high) or injuries from being intoxicated. Plus crimes/driving intoxicated incidents could also be studied. Watching local Toronto news since legalization have shown many times more drunk accidents to being high. They happen but hardly in comparison   

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

It's honestly hard to believe it's taken this long. This as seemed like an obvious move for so long. 

I didn't realize that this alone will help with tax issues for marijuana companies in legal states. That's definitely a good thing.

I think they've been waiting for the most politically advantageous time to make it happen. I know that sounds cynical, but I think that's 100% the case.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I think they've been waiting for the most politically advantageous time to make it happen. I know that sounds cynical, but I think that's 100% the case.

I think this was supposed to be politically timed for the 2022 midterms and then the DEA majorly dragged its feet on moving this along. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think this was supposed to be politically timed for the 2022 midterms and then the DEA majorly dragged its feet on moving this along. 

I mean, we just got the FTC to reinstate net neutrality so this tracks. Interesting that when Trump wanted things, things moved fast. Or, at least the attempt at whatever barely legal or extralegal or straight up illegal policy he was trying to institute or implement.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The most important part for me (not that I'd ever use the damned thing at all) is allowing research as to finally attempt to obtain empirical evidence as to the degree of harm/benefit its use entails.

In recent months they believe that the plant might actual be a key sealant for the push in greater range for battery power vehicles. Apparently the cannabis/hemp adhesive was much more efficient in keeping battery power leakage from happening, non combustible (see Grand Tour) and could possible double and triple the range a battery can go on a single charge. Probably would have happened sooner with more access to the plant, and this is t even for health. I know it helps me and others I share with greatly

WWW.ENERGYTECH.COM

Texas-based company seeks to raise money to develop and commercialize Li-ion alternative.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, we just got the FTC to reinstate net neutrality so this tracks. Interesting that when Trump wanted things, things moved fast. Or, at least the attempt at whatever barely legal or extralegal or straight up illegal policy he was trying to institute or implement.

Breaking things is far far far easier than fixing them

• True 3

24 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Breaking things is far far far easier than fixing them

I think it's a mix of that and the fact that there's a lot Trump didn't get when you get into the weeds.

The wall? I don't think he really got that. Some parts were kinda built?

Infrastructure? That could have been an easy early win, but he never got it.

Affordable Care Act repeal? Couldn't get it.

Family separation policy? He walked it back in weeks.

Paris Agreement? Took Trump fives months to leave it and Biden a few weeks to return to it.

Much of what Trump did was via agency leadership and executive orders. But in the past week, look at everything that's happened in the quest to fix things: noncompete clauses were eliminated (yes, this will be going to the courts), marijuana will be reclassified, airline passengers will get automatic refunds for canceled flights, and overtime rules have been strengthened. Sometimes, doing the work to fix things provides great results.

• True 1

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Just legalize this in PA for God's sake. Marijuana was vital with helping my anxiety and panic attacks. 

Just take a little drive every few months.  They're going to start selling it here in Ohio in a few months, maybe.  I think it's legal in New Jersey.

13 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Just take a little drive every few months.  They're going to start selling it here in Ohio in a few months, maybe.  I think it's legal in New Jersey.

Well I did have a medical marijuana card but it was just way too costly. Yea it's legal in NJ but I'm not going out of my way for the stuff. 

42 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I used to always stop and watch this movie when I was younger when flipping through channels. It’s an all time great. 

It and Office Space are the two greatest comedies of all time and no I will not accept any discussion. 

• True 1
  • Wrong 1

18 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I can already envision right-media spinning this as Biden trying to court drug addicts and the youts.

I love when the best attack they can come up with is... "they are only doing a popular thing because people like it and will vote for them!"... uh yeah, that's the whole point. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

• Like 1
  • True 1

38 minutes ago, ort said:

I love when the best attack they can come up with is... "they are only doing a popular thing because people like it and will vote for them!"... uh yeah, that's the whole point. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

I remember when they said that about Obama supporting gay marriage in 2012.

Years prior, it was all about how America didn't want it and kept voting to ban it in state after state. Then it turned into exactly what you said. And you STILL have Republican judges talking about repealing gay marriage protections.

It's fortunate Biden signed a bill to protect anyone who marries someone of the same sex to protect people who get married where it's legal (Respect for Marriage Act). While it doesn't make gay marriage legal in all 50 states, it's at least treated like a driver's license; you get it in one state, it's recognized in all others.

Weird bump but I thought it was worth mentioning. This past week another marijuana company on my growdiaries offered me free seeds to grow, in exchange for keeping diaries on all them. So in your president’s honour and because it’s election season. I’m gonna be growing SLEEPY JOE. . . .  and a few others

Spoiler

Death Star, Pennywise, and Fat Bastard for weedseedexpress. Two more sponsored grows of Slapz and Trop Cherry for Original Sensible Seeds. Plus Coco Melon, Alaskan Thunder Fuck, and Cloudwalker that’s have been sitting in my collection

• Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1