Grand Theft Auto VI (PS5/Xbox Series | Autumn 2025) - update (05/16): Take-Two earnings statement indicates Autumn 2025 release

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Why not just wait for the PC release? If you don't own a PS5 ny now I wouldn't get one just for one game. 

I likely will...time will tell. If we get busy at work and I make stupid money like I did in 2020 I'd buy one...but that seems unlikely. 

• Halal 1

Well, at least I’ll have more of a reason to get a ps5pro besides Insomniac stuff since it seems it’s the same as usual here with the pc release. So annoying, it’s not about the money it’s just that I would like to play their games the first time in full glory but instead by the time it comes to pc all I want to do is drive around and see the tech at good resolution/fps. Hopefully it’s really fucking good so I want to play it twice.

So this ultimately ended up being pretty much what I anticipated in terms of tone/setting etc. Straight up, it looks fantastic for a GTA title & the thus far $2B+ spent on development seems to be all right there. Also, not surprised by the 2025 release, I do believe however that a recent earnings call did illuminate that Take Two is anticipating a Q4 2024 influx of cash, which would theoretically mean that GTA6 will be out by March 31st, 2025. (Let's be honest, it's getting pushed.)

17 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

When was this?

On 12/2/2023 at 3:51 AM, SoberChef said:

I have heard that the recent season or whatever of Infinite is pretty solid & the community is pretty happy, so that's great!

Meanwhile, GTA6 won't be out until what, May 2024 at the earliest (may even have such a date attached to the trailer) HOWEVER, we all know that whatever the initial announced date will be, it'll inevitably be pushed out an additional 6 months. Also, remember, IF they announce single player DLC, just ignore that like Take Two did after the last GTA launched.

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2023 at 8:13 AM, Dodger said:

I'm still trying to figure out how some sassy Latina for a main character is going to "trigger the chuds" when the series has already had two black main characters. Unless I somehow missed much whining about that.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The introduction of female protagonist Lucia for the sixth instalment of the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise has upset some gaming fans.

Ask and you shall receive

• Guillotine 1
  • Sicko 1

On 12/3/2023 at 7:50 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As a former resident of South Florida, I have compiled the following list of activities/side quests that I would consider acceptable for the game to feature:

• drug-dealing
  • retrieving alligators from swimming pools
  • capturing/hunting burmese pythons from...everywhere
  • drug-dealing
  • insurance fraud
  • healthcare fraud
  • every other fraud that exists
  • jai-alai
  • alligator wrestling
  • cock fighting
  • drug-dealing

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

We don't need all the bells and whistles, just the ruddy game, thanks.

Sounds like sour grapes.  All of the bad PC ports we've seen over the last few years shows that adding PC support DOES require some effort.

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The introduction of female protagonist Lucia for the sixth instalment of the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise has upset some gaming fans.

Ask and you shall receive

I don’t know if it’s the publications themselves mandating that this be written or if it’s gen z’s perception of news, but to me any article written in this manner should be automatic disqualification from writing anything for public consumption in the future. 

They’re all the fucking same. So and so has “some” upset about something or other. And the “some” every FUCKING time is random Twitter users. That is not news, it’s not worth a second of anyone’s time to amplify any of that garbage. 

It’s infuriating to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • True 4
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I don’t know if it’s the publications themselves mandating that this be written or if it’s gen z’s perception of news, but to me any article written in this manner should be automatic disqualification from writing anything for public consumption in the future. 

They’re all the fucking same. So and so has “some” upset about something or other. And the “some” every FUCKING time is random Twitter users. That is not news, it’s not worth a second of anyone’s time to amplify any of that garbage. 

It’s infuriating to me. 

Some posters at d1p are upset at poorly written articles.

• Haha 6
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I don’t know if it’s the publications themselves mandating that this be written or if it’s gen z’s perception of news

This was happening before Gen Z started writing things (if this is a Gen Z writer).

I agree and hate these types of articles. At the same time, as someone in news, I remember having an article calling the Buffalo mass shooter, who wanted to kill black people, a white supremacist, and we received many comments on social media saying he wasn't and that he was just mentally ill, so I'm not always opposed to using social media to see where the weirdos expose themselves.

• Shocked 1

I'll be dead ass here and say I'm really upset we have two years to wait for this. I mean 2024 will have nothing for me to look forward to. By the time it releases the PS6 will have been revealed etc. I just hope that the PS5 Pro runs this incredibly well. 

This game is everything I love about games and Rockstar is litteraly incredible. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll be dead ass here and say I'm really upset we have two years to wait for this. I mean 2024 will have nothing for me to look forward to. By the time it releases the PS6 will have been revealed etc. I just hope that the PS5 Pro runs this incredibly well. 

This game is everything I love about games and Rockstar is litteraly incredible. 

We need a new IP from Naughty Dog

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly don’t think the PlayStation six will be revealed in 2025. This might be a longer generation due to Covid screwing things up at the beginning.

• True 2

8 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I haven’t been this excited about a game in a long time, 2025 is going to be one of the best years for gaming for me because that’s when I’m going to get a PS5 along with this game and there will be five years worth of other PS5 games available for me to get as well.

Your patience will completely pay off for you and you deserve it. 2025 will be glorious and I'm happy for you. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

This was happening before Gen Z started writing things (if this is a Gen Z writer).

I agree and hate these types of articles. At the same time, as someone in news, I remember having an article calling the Buffalo mass shooter, who wanted to kill black people, a white supremacist, and we received many comments on social media saying he wasn't and that he was just mentally ill, so I'm not always opposed to using social media to see where the weirdos expose themselves.

No it can be a powerful tool, but the way it is typically utilized is the laziest way possible. I have a journalism degree as well and it's not like Newsweek is a pillar of American society but the though that an article of this nature would be published for national consumption back when I was in school would have been laughed at. The worst student in our class wouldn't have published something like this. 

I look at this and what BioWare did with Dragon Age and it’s night and day. I am so hyped for GTA6, but that lackluster video to announce a trailer all but killed any hype for me.

The online aspect with my friends will just be crazy on that map. I just hope they don’t try to do all of the crapped they pulled with rdr2 online with the season passes and putting everything behind their currency to push you to spend more money. 

this game will print money especially if they put out free content like they did with GTA5 online.