~*2023 election results thread*~

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Hasn't the Democratic Party always been supportive of Israel? Israel is considered an ally same as any other ally, I always thought.

I'm supportive of a ceasefire in the Middle East considering the difference in lives lost between the original terrorist attack and the response since then; many innocent Palestinian civilans are dead now and didn't have to be by many times the number of innocent Israeali who died and didn't have to. And I've been reading there's been progress in that direction.

But I don't know if I'd be on-board with not supporting Israel after the Hamas attack considering it was a terrorist attack through and through. I have Jewish friends who are pro-Israel who were also pro-Black Lives Matter and they were stunned and outraged with BLM Chicago posted the pro-Hamas picture with the people parachuting in. 

Sending them money and Biden going over there is more than just token support. They don't need our help to continue their genocide. The attack on the White House was a terrorist attack should we kill all Republicans? Not all Palestinians are Hamas. 

3 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

My idiot friend in 2016 voted for Jill Stein. 

Jill Stein didn't become president.

Did you have idiot friends who voted for Hillary Clinton? 

Hillary Clinton didn't become president. 

21 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:
WWW.SPOKESMAN.COM

Washington's three most populous counties – King, Pierce and Spokane – stopped counting ballots and evacuated elections workers Wednesday when a suspicious white substance was found in envelopes.

The Democratic challenger for mayor of Spokane (the 2nd biggest city in Washington) is currently up 3%, but they had to delay the count because somebody mailed fentanyl to the election office. 

And now they are all having a party?

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Alright.  Enough.

We'll have more than enough time to rehash the "third party vote" argument in several months.  I'm just not in the mood for it now.

Fair... I was just pretty impressed with Biden up until now and thought I wouldn't vote third party for a change. 

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

How dare you! Making me look up SAT (racist test) words!

Not sure why this reminded me of the Nclex but the cultural questions were legit so damn racist 

I remember taking the test like, well this is fucked but I really need to pass so full send the racism.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Not sure why this reminded me of the Nclex but the cultural questions were legit so damn racist 

I remember taking the test like, well this is fucked but I really need to pass so full send the racism.

What kind of hat does a Mexican throw down to dance around?

A) a sarape

B) a burrito

C) enchiladas

D) a Juan Carlos

E) none of the above 

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What kind of hat does a Mexican throw down to dance around?

A) a sarape

B) a burrito

C) enchiladas

D) a Juan Carlos

E) none of the above 

What I recall was something akin to 

Africans are more stoic so likely to underreport their pain scale

As someone who has dated African women. L O fucking L

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

Sending them money and Biden going over there is more than just token support. They don't need our help to continue their genocide. The attack on the White House was a terrorist attack should we kill all Republicans? Not all Palestinians are Hamas. 

Did you have idiot friends who voted for Hillary Clinton? 

Hillary Clinton didn't become president. 

Don't tempt me with a good time

• Sicko Sherman 2

Assuming Trump is a free man by Nov 2024 he has no shot. The people who hate Trump are far more motivated than the people who like him and as time goes on polling will become more and more useless with young people only owning a cell phone who never answer calls they aren't expecting. 

Dems haven't even begun to campaign against him. They are gonna spray him saying "I was able to kill Roe v. Wade" everywhere just for starters.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Should I feel any optimism after yesterday, or no?

I’ve just been trying to focus on myself and my own security and happiness. I’m going to continue to vote and donate to worthy causes, but I can’t change the country and spend so much mental energy on what could happen. It might sound selfish, but it is what it is. I have no control over these things. 

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’ve just been trying to focus on myself and my own security and happiness. I’m going to continue to vote and donate to worthy causes, but I can’t change the country and spend so much mental energy on what could happen. It might sound selfish, but it is what it is. I have no control over these things. 

Doesn’t sound selfish at all. Sounds healthy 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So...that's a no, then? :p

53 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I avoided the news for long periods when Trump was president. 

APNEWS.COM

People in Mississippi’s largest county are demanding answers about why some polling places ran out of ballots and voters had to wait for them to be replenished on the day the state was deciding its most competitive governor’s race in a generation.

I'm so tired of Republicans getting away with blatant cheating.

14 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Assuming Trump is a free man by Nov 2024 he has no shot. The people who hate Trump are far more motivated than the people who like him and as time goes on polling will become more and more useless with young people only owning a cell phone who never answer calls they aren't expecting. 

Dems haven't even begun to campaign against him. They are gonna spray him saying "I was able to kill Roe v. Wade" everywhere just for starters.

I keep saying this. People underestimate how much Trump is hated, especially now that we’ve seen what four years with him as President was like.

17 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
WWW.AXIOS.COM

A tweet summarizing the article

Knock Knock Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Man, that would be devastating to Republicans if they got it in Florida and that swung the state for Biden. Hard to imagine any scenario at this point where Dems win Florida but lose the election.

To make matters worse for themselves....

1. Florida is a state that relatively recently used such a measure to return voting rights to ex-felons, and the margin wasn't even that close. Not exactly an issue that is typically seen as a conservative staple.

2. This year DeSantis signed a 6 week ban into law. Something even DeSantis knew was so reprehensible that he did it in the dead of night with no fanfare.

3. While it has become less of a Purple state since Trump, it's still far less Red than some states that have already swung big on issues touching on abortion. Such as Kansas, Kentucky, and even Ohio.

With the way that this issue has repeatedly surprised everyone with it's margin of support and staying power it does not seem out of reach that it could lift Biden the 3% that Trump beat him by in '20....

As usual from what I've seen the Republicans are learning the wrong lessons.  I saw a few of the media people saying that the GOP went loser with McDaniel becoming the chair... not getting that their problems might be an elderly crook with bad makeup.

In Ohio they blamed Ohioans being confused by the amendment wording and massive advertising money for the Issue 1 win.  Not the fact that the anti-abortion stuff is unpopular.