~*2023 election results thread*~

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With the Democrats retaining the VA Senate and at least tying the VA House of Delegates, I'd say the $1,000 in campaign contributions I made to the VA Democratic Party was money well spent!

I can only imagine what the inbox for that email looks like.

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Apparently, there's a freakin' "Blue Wave" happening in New Jersey.

And this is coming on the heels of the GOP expecting to claim at least one of the legislative chambers.

Looks like this is extending to Monmouth County, and that's chud country.

Glad all the maga fuckers who've been spamming me are having a bad night. :santasun:

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

30 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Abortion is such a losing issue for the GOP. They’re like the dog that finally caught the car and got destroyed. 

Also all the anti-trans nonsense. A trans woman even won a Senate race in Virginia tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • True 1

20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With the Democrats retaining the VA Senate and at least tying the VA House of Delegates, I'd say the $1,000 in campaign contributions I made to the VA Democratic Party was money well spent!

If it ties do they do a fucking coin toss to decide who gets control of the chamber like they do on tied elections?

This is why I don't really take the Trump-Biden polls seriously especially far before election.
Trump motivates the Democratic base more than anything else and Gen Z/Millennials simply don't answer polls. 

That is why Democrats are gonna overperform polling for the forseeable future and Trump assuming he is the nominee is going to get ass blasted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 5

Someone made this post on ResetERA regarding why Kentucky has very little issue electing Democratic governors:

KY is a very "fuck you, got mine" kind of place. They'll elect a Dem governor to keep themselves from getting fucked over, but send Republicans to Washington to make sure everyone else gets fucked over.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sicko Sherman 1

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Per author John Reeves:

I wish this were an exaggeration, but I felt this way while watching!

Just now, Massdriver said:

Dobbs may save America from MAGA part 2! 

Maybe people needed a kick in the ass as to what not voting/caring actually does.

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh, it's an unmitigated nightmare.

Fuck me, $200 to Greg Landsman(I always gave money to anyone running against Chabot) last year and I'm still wrestling with it.  I'm thinking of using a Firefox Relay or Simple Login email for political donations in the future, just kill that thing after election day.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

image.png

Yes, they can impose significant legislative measures, but they cannot actually outlaw abortion up to the point of fetal viability which is what this amendment dictates.

And those legislative measures would be litigated through the Ohio court system to determine whether they constitute a de-facto ban on abortion in the same way that measures were litigated through the Federal courts system when Roe was in effect.

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Fuck me, $200 to Greg Landsman(I always gave money to anyone running against Chabot) last year and I'm still wrestling with it.  I'm thinking of using a Firefox Relay or Simple Login email for political donations in the future, just kill that thing after election day.

How did I not know about Relay? And it looks like you can use it for free. That's fucking awesome.

Randy Renstrom
· 54m
@randyrenstrom.bsky.social

Great news in Johnston, IA. Three current school board members are connected to "Moms for Liberty" and the right-wing organization only needed to win one seat tonight to gain full control of the school board. They lost all four seats, setting up a progressive majority instead.

Trans panic/book banning shit consistently being shown to be a dud electorally

• Like 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hype 3

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yes, they can impose significant legislative measures, but they cannot actually outlaw abortion.

And those legislative measures would be litigated through the Ohio court system to determine whether they constitute a de-facto ban on abortion in the same way that measures were litigated through the Federal courts system when Roe was in effect.

Things like location of clinics? Who can preform one? Actions needed before one takes place? 

I feel like they will try and make it like voting. One place open for 8 hours a year and you can't have someone drive you there. 

Just now, Ricofoley said:

Trans panic/book banning shit consistently being shown to be a dud electorally

Multiple city councilmembers where I live tried to engage in trans panic bullshit ahead of a vote on making new public buildings have gender neutral bathrooms. We're an 80-20 Biden-Trump city. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tonight is reinforcing the point that the GOP has a big fucking problem thanks to making it impossible to win a GOP primary without going all-in on banning abortion and demonizing trans people.

Michigan is a great example. They got blown out and then make the crazy election denying lady that tried to kill her family head of the party. It's amazing watching the infighting (and actual fighting) at state Republican meetings. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

Per Erin Reed:

Another big victory for trans students in a Virginia school board race.

Justice Scalia's daughter, Meg Scalia Bryce, has lost her race for school board in Albemarle's public school district.

She favored anti-trans policies, opposed "CRT."  Bad night for Moms For Liberty in VA.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 2