Batman Arkham City

Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity 2

The Talos Principle

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fable? @legend

You mean Project Ego and what the game was promised to be? :p

Fable was a great time and I have amazing memories with it but it's not a top 100 game. 

The game was deeply flawed but also stood out from the rest. Myself, my wife, and many of my friends got a lot of playtime out of it doing really goofy shit in the world that you just can't really do in many, if any, other games. Humor was super on point. I might also have to include Fable 2 in the list, but Fable started it, so it was a bit more obvious of a choice.

1 minute ago, legend said:

The game was deeply flawed but also stood out from the rest. Myself, my wife, and many of my friends got a lot of playtime out of it doing really goofy shit in the world that you just can't really do in many, if any, other games. Humor was super on point. I might also have to include Fable 2 in the list, but Fable started it, so it was a bit more obvious of a choice.

Humor as in farting in front of a crowd in a small village? No way these games deserve to be in the top 100 so if I have a chance to vote one of them out they are gone! 

:cool:

Just now, best3444 said:

Humor as in farting in front of a crowd in a small village? No way these games deserve to be in the top 100 so if I have a chance to vote one of them out they are gone! 

:cool:

That's like, the most obvious way to be a troll in the game. I don't know of any other game series where you can sleep with a man's wife in front of him and listen to him complain about it during the act.

Ultimately you can't just can't point to many games like Fable 1/2, if any.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Okay, I know this isn't the place for this, but.... all of those games are like... fine. At least the ones I've played. I would never think any of them are top 100. They're all just perfectly fine

Rez, Bayonetta and Persona 5 were on the other list. I chose Persona 3 and MGR:R over them. Also it's a top 100 list several of my top picks were already taken but many of these are in my top 20.

17 minutes ago, legend said:

That's like, the most obvious way to be a troll in the game. I don't know of any other game series where you can sleep with a man's wife in front of him and listen to him complain about it during the act.

Ultimately you can't just can't point to many games like Fable 1/2, if any.

I really did enjoy the marriage aspect in the game and the cheating. It's definitely very unique but just way to flawed and stripped down. Your list is fantastic btw. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, legend said:

Did you try and get your combat multiplier even higher?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

@stepee I didn’t realize you were such a sega fan 

Oh yeah my first system was a Master System, and my second was a Genesis, so that’s where I started. I got a Saturn but it was the last of that gen that I got, not long before I got the DC from Japan early. Also really big on System 16/32/Model123 stuff. I had a Gamegear and Nomad too. In the 16bit era overall Genesis is probably my favorite system though SNES has more of my favorite overall games, but Genesis had more wacky platformers and action games that I liked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah my first system was a Master System, and my second was a Genesis, so that’s where I started. I got a Saturn but it was the last of that gen that I got, not long before I got the DC from Japan early. Also really big on System 16/32/Model123 stuff. I had a Gamegear and Nomad too. In the 16bit era overall Genesis is probably my favorite system though SNES has more of my favorite overall games, but Genesis had more wacky platformers and action games that I liked.

One of my favorites was playing Golden Ave 1&2 coop with my brother. I got a Genesis at it's launch and was amazed. I still remember playing Sonic 1 for the first time and being blown away. 

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Nominate Gunvalkyrie, Otogi, Toejam and Earl otherwise you are not a SEGA fan. :nottalking:

16 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Okay, I know this isn't the place for this, but.... all of those games are like... fine. At least the ones I've played. I would never think any of them are top 100. They're all just perfectly fine

Which ones haven't you played?

I really need to get around to Marvel's Midnight Sun's I feel like that is a game which would go on my list. 

10 hours ago, chakoo said:

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Doom

Quake

Silent Hill 2

Ridge Racer (psp, or Type 4)

Zelda OOT

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64

Tetris

Final Fantasy 3/6

Halo

Battle Field 1942

I'll never get over the fact that roller coaster Tycoon was made by one guy... IN FUCKING ASSEMBLY

Like it's one thing for Eric Barone to make Stardew Valley by himself, sure... Tom whatshisface made Roller coaster Tycoon in goddamn assembly. That's why even a potato could run those games when they came out even though they looked incredible for the time

• Halal 1

Tetris

Quake 3 Arena

Socom

Unreal Tournament 2004

Ridge Racer

Space Invaders

Galaga

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Outrun

Gauntlet

Ultima IV: Avatar

The Secret of Monkey Island

Lemmings

Cannon Fodder

Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe

Forza Horizon 5

Elite

Bubble Bobble

Syndicate

X-Com (the original)

M.U.L.E.

Ikari Warriors

• Halal 2

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Smash TV

I feel like there’s better top down shooters than that.  Shock Troopers is one people should really play.  Commandos arcade is another I prefer in the classics sense.  There’s Ikari Warriors as mentioned above.  I haven’t played it yet, but the Pocky & Rocky remake looks fantastic

Some people also really like Zombies ate my Neighbors, but I could never get into it.  There’s also Hotline Miami, which may deserve a nod ahead of the genre staples.

Not nominating any of these myself, but they’re fun.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I feel like there’s better top down shooters than that.  Shock Troopers is one people should really play.  Commandos arcade is another I prefer in the classics sense.  There’s Ikari Warriors as mentioned above.  I haven’t played it yet, but the Pocky & Rocky remake looks fantastic

Some people also really like Zombies ate my Neighbors, but I could never get into it.  There’s also Hotline Miami, which may deserve a nod ahead of the genre staples.

Not nominating any of these myself, but they’re fun.

Shock Troopers is definitely better than either Smash TV or Zombie Ate My Neighbors. However, when it comes to all time lists, I always feel the games that straight invent a genre should get the nod, so either Berzerk or Robotron 2084, but since Smash TV and Robotron have the same designer, let's go with with that one.

Robotron 2084

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'll never get over the fact that roller coaster Tycoon was made by one guy... IN FUCKING ASSEMBLY

Like it's one thing for Eric Barone to make Stardew Valley by himself, sure... Tom whatshisface made Roller coaster Tycoon in goddamn assembly. That's why even a potato could run those games when they came out even though they looked incredible for the time

It helps that it wasn’t his first game and it started out as a follow up to transport tycoon. I’m glad he maid the pivot.