• The Village
    • Lady in the Water
    • The Happening
    • The Last Airbender
    • After Earth
    • Glass
    • Other

8 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I watched the first season and thought it was fun, but I fell off early in season 2 for reasons I don’t really remember. 

It's done so you might as well finish it. They got to tell their complete story even if the finale is a little underwhelming. Shyamalan directed the next to last episode and that one was REALLY good.

After Earth was M Night??

I remember reading in Smith’s autobiography that he ended a long time friendship, I’m talking from like his Overbrook days, because Jaden had some difficulties on set with something, and immediately began screaming for his dad. Will goes and fixes it, but his friend who was on set basically chastises him for immediately running in to fix problems for his then 15 year old son, saying he would make his son soft.

Oh, and of M Night’s stuff, it’s Unbreakable.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

After Earth was M Night??

I suppose for poll purposes it might help to list what he's written and/or directed. Assume he's solely wrote and directed it unless otherwise mentioned:

-Praying with Anger (M. Night's student film, he hates it, but it's real)

-Wide Awake (starring Rosie O'Donnell)

-Stuart Little (co-wrote the screenplay with one other person, adapted from the book by E.B. White, did not direct)

-The Sixth Sense

-Unbreakable

-Signs

-The Village

-Lady in the Water

-The Happening

-The Last Airbender

-After Earth

-The Visit

-Split

-Glass

-Old

-Knock at the Cabin

M. Night also produced the TV show Servant (as others have mentioned), as well as directing the pilot episode and an additional 4 episodes out of the total of 40 episodes the show had. He is not credited with writing any of it however.

If anyone hasn't seen the Visit, you really should check it out. The movie doesn't take itself very seriously and is a weird breath of fresh air from M Night. Granted, I went into it with *zero* expectations, so that might be why I enjoyed it so much, but it is really good.

I think the reason it has such a low audience score on RT (though a decent critic score) is because people were expecting something serious - which the movie is decidedly not. I'm pretty sure I didn't even know M Night directed it until after I watched it.

48 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

If anyone hasn't seen the Visit, you really should check it out. The movie doesn't take itself very seriously and is a weird breath of fresh air from M Night. Granted, I went into it with *zero* expectations, so that might be why I enjoyed it so much, but it is really good.

I think the reason it has such a low audience score on RT (though a decent critic score) is because people were expecting something serious - which the movie is decidedly not. I'm pretty sure I didn't even know M Night directed it until after I watched it.

I second this.

I even knew the plot turns and I still enjoyed it. Just be ready for one shocking moment.

• Halal 1

Also with The Visit, he was coming off a pretty abysmal run, so I think people were primed to not like it. But he went back to basics, self-financed the movie, and it was definitely the turnaround his career needed. Since then he’s kept working at a fairly small scale, and I think the results have mostly been really good!

I always swoop in as a "the Happening" defender but they said on the DVD that it was intentionally supposed to be bad because it was a throwback to the old dumb monster movies. So when people say it's dumb and it's bad, well it was supposed to be.

That being said, it's not actually a good movie it's bad but like good at being a bad movie.