McConnell may have just had a stroke in the middle of talking to the press.

I feel like almost every American agrees that there should be age/term limits for Congress, regardless of political affiliation. The problem is the only people who have the power to change that are people in Congress.

The only solution is to hold some kind of plebiscite. If we really got into a grassroots movement where the majority of the country agrees that an age limit and/or term limit is necessary, it could be done.

Congress would still probably fuck it up, though. The STOCK was supposed to curb insider trading by members of congress and that didn't do a damn thing because the penalty for violating it was like $200.

6 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I feel like almost every American agrees that there should be age/term limits for Congress

They don’t vote like they do

24 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I feel like almost every American agrees that there should be age/term limits for Congress, regardless of political affiliation. The problem is the only people who have the power to change that are people in Congress.

The only solution is to hold some kind of plebiscite. If we really got into a grassroots movement where the majority of the country agrees that an age limit and/or term limit is necessary, it could be done.

Congress would still probably fuck it up, though. The STOCK was supposed to curb insider trading by members of congress and that didn't do a damn thing because the penalty for violating it was like $200.

Even if we could sit a Congress that would vote for age limits, this Supreme Court would probably overturn it saying it’s an assault on free speech. 

8 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Because it seems the job of Congress now is to turn everyone into single-issue voters. And the Senators in both parties will not put term/age limits on by themselves.

Nah, it’s like literally everything else, people want things like term limits when the person in mind is the opposition party. They think their guy or gal is different. Same way people think spending cuts are good in the abstract, but never think their favorite thing should be cut.

36 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Listen, as someone who has done diapers on 0-100, I’ll take the little ones any day. You ain’t got cow pies clinging to butt hairs and all that. 

I'm completely unfazed by blood and guts but dealing with adult human poop and the smell would be a deal breaker for me as far a being a nurse.

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Nah, it’s like literally everything else, people want things like term limits when the person in mind is the opposition party. They think their guy or gal is different. Same way people think spending cuts are good in the abstract, but never think their favorite thing should be cut.

I disagree when it comes to this issue, specifically. Republicans wouldn't want to vote for term/age limits in battleground states depending on who's in power, but in cases like Feinstein/McConnell, who stand almost no chance of getting replaced by the opposite party, people would still vote for it.

1 hour ago, unogueen said:

This is a game

Ah, but is this not a vexing enigma, a perplexity woven into the very fabric of existence? Do we dance upon the precipice of reality, or do we merely frolic within the whims of a capricious puppeteer? Is life naught but a grand masquerade, where each soul masques behind a mask of intent, concealing desires and motives that flutter like shadows in the recesses of the mind?

"Is this a game to you?" The query resonates, not unlike the raven's melancholic refrain, echoing through the corridors of my contemplations. To ponder such a matter is to plunge into the abyss of uncertainty, where motives intermingle like tendrils of smoke, entwined and indistinct.

Behold, the human heart, a labyrinthine realm where intrigue and deception intertwine, where joy and sorrow wage their eternal battle. To some, life may be a plaything, a chessboard of calculated moves and feigned emotions. To others, it is a theater of the macabre, where the strings of fate are pulled by invisible hands, rendering us mere marionettes in an uncaring tableau.

Thus, my dear interlocutor, the answer remains obscured, shrouded in the nebulous mists of human nature. For in the end, we are but players in a grand tragedy, reciting our lines upon a stage that stretches beyond the horizon of comprehension. Is this a game? Ah, the question lingers like the tolling of a mournful bell, reverberating through the chambers of contemplation, as I, too, seek solace in the shadows of uncertainty.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Term limits are bad actually. Age limits I think are ok at best

Term limits I'd prefer to not see. An age limit isn't it, either. Instead, you want to be in Congress then your health records should be public knowledge. Too invasive? Too bad, it's the trade you make for role. I think voters have a right to know exactly what happened to McConnell here. I think voters should know exactly what doctors think of Feinstein's cognitive abilities.

What are these senators going to do? Just stop seeing their doctors and risk failing health. That's a gamble I'm willing to watch them make.