McConnell may have just had a stroke in the middle of talking to the press.

Kentucky also passed a law making it so the governor can only appoint a replacement from a list approved by the outgoing senator's party. Which may run afoul of the 17th amendment, or maybe Beshear just leaves it vacant until a special election.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There are actual news articles about it, y'know.

230727-mitch-mcconnell-mn-1445-c5c339.jp
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A few minutes later, the Senate minority leader walked back to the news conference by himself.

I'm on my phone dealing with problems with my laptop with IT. :p

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

If McConnel croaks or resigns during this Congress, John Thune would likely become the Minority Leader. 

Edit:  Others have already answered.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I more meant the pick that the Kentucky governor would replace him with in his Senate seat. But these people are awful enough, yes.

10 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I more meant the pick that the Kentucky governor would replace him with in his Senate seat. But these people are awful enough, yes.

The most likely Republican to be considered for a replacement appointment just happens to be the GOP nominee for governor (Daniel Cameron).

The July 14 fall, which has not been previously reported, occurred after the flight out of Washington was canceled while everyone was on board. McConnell, R-Ky., who was a passenger on the plane, had a “face plant,” someone who was on the plane at the time but did not witness the fall told NBC News. That passenger also said they spoke to another passenger who helped tend to McConnell after the fall.

• Sicko Sherman 1

You can't be an air traffic controller after the age of 56. In Oregon, you have to pass a vision test every time you get your license renewed after the age of 50.

It's wild to me that we're just okay with the Senate being made up almost entirely of geriatric fucks who could just drop at any time.

Also, while he may have had a stroke, he also may have just shit his britches. That was a "... that wasn't a fart" face if I've ever seen one.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, stepee said:

If he dies from complications from this, @Bacon, BG3 is yours 

I don't want a video game, but if he dies from this would you be willing to pay for a Cameo from Sarah Palin saying "I really appreciate the work that is done at Day One Patch. When you're there, you're family"?

I looked it up, she only charges $200.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I don't want a video game, but if he dies from this would you be willing to pay for a Cameo from Sarah Palin saying "I really appreciate the work that is done at Day One Patch. When you're there, you're family"?

I looked it up, she only charges $200.

it’s just I feel she has people using her a lot for this purpose and doesn’t care because it’s $$