What 3D mascot series should Microsoft revive?

crispy4000

What 3D mascot series should Microsoft revive?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What 3D mascot series should Microsoft revive?

• Voodoo Vince
    • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
    • The Maw
    • Sneakers
    • Kameo
    • Conker
    • Jet Force Gemini
    • Banjo Kazooie
    • Spyro the Dragon
    • Skylanders
    • Sneak King
    • Balan Wonderworld
    • N.U.D.E.@ Natural Ultimate Digital Experiment

• crispy4000 changed the title to What 3D mascot series should Microsoft revive?
29 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I’ve put the same answers as everyone - however I would love to see a modern interpretation of Jet Force Gemini. I loved the premise and enjoyed the game when I owned it (I’m guessing I must have been 9 or 10), but it definitely had its issues.

This. I also voted Jet Force Gemini because it had a lot of potential and cool ideas (some well executed, some not) that felt severely limited by the hardware. Even the co-op was integrated in a cool way. After that I'd have voted for Banjo-Kazooie and then Conker. But the Rare of yore is long gone and I'm not sure Rare or any other company under Microsoft's umbrella could do a revival justice, but I'd like to see them try.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I like Spyro, but I grew up with it on PS1. 

I think it could still be fun to have a new one, the new Crash was quite a good Crash game, I’d like to see a new Spyro on that level. Of course not any developer is Insomniac but I think nowadays other developers can mimic insomniac 20 years ago. 

Spyro’s gameplay loop is still solid and addicting I’d love to see it with modern day graphics in an all new game.

I just looked though and apparently there are a lot of rumors that one is in development for this year so it might be happening anyway!

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, the platformer, I forgot what it's called. I have a sealed PS4 copy on my shelf, lol.

It’s Crash 4: It’s about time!

I think it’s very good and honestly the best Crash besides maybe 2. That is if all you want to do is beat the levels. The 100% requirements are insane and completely busted. But I never did that with Crash anyway and it had some great environments and levels.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stepee said:

I think it could still be fun to have a new one, the new Crash was quite a good Crash game, I’d like to see a new Spyro on that level. Of course not any developer is Insomniac but I think nowadays other developers can mimic insomniac 20 years ago. 

Spyro’s gameplay loop is still solid and addicting I’d love to see it with modern day graphics in an all new game.

Absolutely.  The remakes trilogy is fantastic and already feels quite modern.  At the time, it really felt like Insomniac was coding for different hardware than everyone else.

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It was missing a "none of the above" option.

That said, these kind of games are the perfect filler for a subscription based service.  Relatively cheap to make.

Apparently not cheap enough to make good ones often.

Also, Banjo Kazooie 1 is on the level as Mario Odyssey for me.  It really sucks to see a franchise that hit those highs go dormant.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Apparently not cheap enough to make good ones often.

Also, Banjo Kazooie 1 is on the level as Mario Odyssey for me.  It really sucks to see a franchise that hit those highs go dormant.

You don't need a game to be particularly good to be a filler on a subscription service.  It just needs to be cheap to make, and "OK".

27 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You don't need a game to be particularly good to be a filler on a subscription service.  It just needs to be cheap to make, and "OK".

Then 3D platformers really aren't the perfect kind of filler.  At least not the ones with any kind of camera control and large environments.

There's a reason why indies have struggled to make decently good ones with limited budgets.