Don't hold your breath on seeing The Elder Scrolls VI during this current generation

27 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Was anyone actually thinking it would come out this gen???

I mean...

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

We got a teaser like five years ago lol fuck

Man's got a point. This was announced last gen. "But it'll be a big game it takes time!" Yeah, it's been five years; I figured they were further along than not even being a game right now. :p 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Man's got a point. This was announced last gen. "But it'll be a big game it takes time!" Yeah, it's been five years; I figured they were further along than not even being a game right now. :p 

Honestly I feel like it’s aaaalmost a stretch to say it’s been announced, its “trailer” felt more like, “nobody was asking us for Starfield but that’s what we’re here to talk about; please don’t ask about ES6 we’ll get to it eventually.”

• True 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Honestly I feel like it’s aaaalmost a stretch to say it’s been announced, its “trailer” felt more like, “nobody was asking us for Starfield but that’s what we’re here to talk about; please don’t ask about ES6 we’ll get to it eventually.”

Yeah, the trailer was like 5 seconds of MS Flight Sim flyover footage with "Elder Scrolls probably lol" written over it.

• Haha 5
  • True 1

12 minutes ago, nublood said:

But hey guys, we’ll have plenty of ESO content to keep us…uh, happy. 

You know, I'd honestly love to play ESO if it didn't have some of the worst combat I've ever experienced in video games. Bafflingly bad.

38 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I would have guessed like 2 years out. 5 is ridiculous but whatever.  

Why would you think that? They’ve haven’t released flagship games that close to one another since Oblivion to Fallout 3 and they’ve only slowed since then. They had gotten close with stuff like Fallout 4 to Fallout 76 but I dunno that’s a model to emulate. :p

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

bro, it’s still been five years. Even with the length of development now, 10 years is a long ass time. Which is why you have a bunch of us here surprised!

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, the trailer was like 5 seconds of MS Flight Sim flyover footage with "Elder Scrolls probably lol" written over it.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I get supporting ESO. It seems to have a healthy subscription base that pays a monthly fee.  I don’t get how Fallout 76 is still a thing getting resources.  Move those people to Fallout 5 or Elder Scrolls. 
:badass:

Anecdotally it’s pretty decent now

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

bro, it’s still been five years. Even with the length of development now, 10 years is a long ass time. Which is why you have a bunch of us here surprised!

I feel like I’ve seen some bigger names in the gaming press and some devs talk about how a ten year cycle is becoming more common for AAA development but apparently none of them made it to my bookmarks so perhaps I made up the whole thing. :|

IIRC most of Fallout 76's development was outsourced, they just re-used a lot of assets made for Fallout 4. Fallout 4 came out almost 8 years ago.

It begs the question - "what the fuck have you guys been doing for 8 fucking years?"

If the answer was "building a new engine to make games with so that we can crank them out faster," then sure, I'd buy that. But we know they weren't doing that. Starfield still uses a form of the same engine they've been using to make games for the last 20 years (that in itself isn't a big deal - Red Dead Redemption 2 was made with the same engine as GTAIV, which didn't go into development that much later than Oblivion)

• True 1

13 hours ago, nublood said:

But hey guys, we’ll have plenty of ESO content to keep us…uh, happy. 

13 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You know, I'd honestly love to play ESO if it didn't have some of the worst combat I've ever experienced in video games. Bafflingly bad.

My wife and I started ESO a couple years ago or something and I can't begin to describe how frustrated we were that huge swaths of the game are solo only. WTF was the point of making this "online?" As it is, it's just a shittier Skyrim with some coop for the most mundane parts.

I played like 60-70 hours of ESO near the beginning of the pandemic, and it absolutely feels like a single player game. And honestly, not half bad. It does play like a over the shoulder Diablo knock off, but the stories were interesting enough that I actually quite enjoyed it. Part of it was just being in familiar environments with a fresh coat of paint, but there's nothing so wrong with that. 

Actually, I tried to do a few dungeons and at that time at least the game was so broken for multiplayer content that you couldn't reliably (in fact I never got it to work) match make into like simple dungeons. 

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Not gonna lie, I’ve been meaning to get back into Oblivion and Skyrim.

I have the Switch version of Skyrim so maybe I should actually play it.

I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game on a platform where you can't mod it. Also why I assume any MMO from them is gonna be shit. 

• 2 months later...