Do you listen to heavy music (punk/metal/hardcore/etc)?

Fizzzzle

I grew up listening to that kind of music, but then I just kind of stopped around the age of 20. Maybe it was because adulting had to happen, I couldn't go to shows anymore, I didn't have time to play music anymore, none of my friends listened to it... I wasn't part of "the scene" anymore, so it just faded away.

Then the pandemic happened. Maybe I needed something to listen to that had energy because I needed an outlet, maybe I needed something to rekindle my love for playing music, but I got super into it again. I even got into power metal, which I always thought was corny and stupid. I even got into bands like Halestorm, which you wouldn't have caught me dead listening to when I was 19.

Now I'm probably more into heavy shit than I ever was

Granted, no one starts listening to punk or metal because they're well adjusted people. Also no one starts pouring their soul out on an internet forum because they're well adjusted people. So I would expect an audience such as this to overrepresent the heavy music audience.

Not really. I have some 80's heavy metal equipped in my car in case I'm in a mood of some sort that requires me to just let go and scream a long.

Overall, I generally listen to the radio as boring as that sounds. In fact, I was never really into any music growing up. Don't get me wrong, music in videogames are something I'm interested in but I never actively go out and buy/download any type of music. 

• Confused 1

I do but more for the vibe than being a fan of specific bands.  Like, when I'm running, working out, or doing manual labor I like having it on for the energy of it.  But I can't tell you anything about songs or bands or anything.

I like rock and metal, mostly with female vocals. I also like beauty and the beast vocals in metal/symphonic metal which is a mix of female singing, and deep male growling. I really like industrial music too, and some punk as well. But I don’t only listen to heavy music as I also like chill electro, darkwave, EBM and synthpop.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, Phaseknox said:

I like rock and metal, mostly with female vocals. I also like beauty and the beast vocals in metal/symphonic metal which is a mix of female singing, and deep male growling. I really like industrial music too, and some punk as well. But I don’t only listen to heavy music as I also like chill electro, darkwave, EBM and synthpop.

Have you heard Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? 

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Have you heard Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? 

No, but I just listened to a few songs by them and I really like the mix of electronic and metal music and the growling male vocals, but the clean male vocals unfortunately ruin their sound for me since I’m not a fan of male pop vocals. If the clean vocals were female I would find them a lot more appealing.

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

No, but I just listened to a few songs by them and I really like the mix of electronic and metal music and the growling male vocals, but the clear male vocals unfortunately ruin their sound for me since I’m not a fan of male pop vocals. If the clear vocals were female I would find them a lot more appealing.

Yeah it was really hard for me to get past the clean vocals. I only ended up liking this band because they were the intro to an anime and it grew on me over several episodes. They do have one song without clean vocals called Crossover that's pretty decent.