Hunter Biden Update (07 December 2023): Hunter indicated on nine more tax-related charges

President Biden’s son Hunter has reached a tentative agreement with federal prosecutors to plead guilty to two minor tax crimes and admit to the facts of a gun charge under terms that would likely keep him out of jail, according to court papers filed Tuesday.

Any proposed plea deal would have to be approved by a federal judge, and it was not immediately clear what day Hunter Biden, 53, might appear in court to enter his guilty plea.

The agreement caps an investigation that was opened in 2018 during the Trump administration, and has generated intense interest and criticism since 2020 from Republican politicians who accused the Biden administration of reluctance to pursue the case. The terms of the proposed deal — negotiated with Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a holdover from President Donald Trump’s administration — are likely to face similar scrutiny.

The court papers indicate the younger Biden has tentatively agreed to plead guilty to two misdemeanor tax charges of failure to pay in 2017 and 2018. The combined tax liability is roughly $1.2 million over those years, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe details of the agreement that are not yet public. Prosecutors plan to recommend a sentence of probation for those counts, these people said. Biden’s representatives have said he previously paid back the IRS what he owed.

Additionally, Biden plans to admit to illegally possessing a weapon following his 2018 purchase of a handgun. As part of that admission, he expects to be entered in a diversion program, a less punitive form of sentence typically applied to people with substance abuse problems. In all, prosecutors would recommend two years of probation and diversion conditions. If Biden successfully meets the conditions of the diversion program, the gun charge would be removed from his record at the end of that period, the people said.

FzEcNv2WAAAmVkm?format=jpg&name=small

Lock him up

EDIT:  Current gun laws need to be enforced until Congress changes the law or the courts says that aspects of the law are unconstitutional.  Letting people off the hook for firearms violations simply feeds into the narrative that current gun laws aren't being enforced properly.  I'm somewhat disappointed that the feds will accept this plea deal.  I'd rather have him serve time for the gun charge and have the tax violations dropped. 

• True 2

1 hour ago, ort said:

I like how his big crimes are not paying taxes and owning a gun... two central pillars of the Republican Party...

There has to be some full awareness of this going on with this plea deal! I feel like for people on the right who treat politics as sport  this is actually a bummer.

51 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm pretty sure Hunter got hit with all the crimes we know he actually committed. Of course, any victory is never enough for these lunatics. If all LGBTQ+ Americans were rounded up and shot tomorrow, they'd complain about how the method of execution wasn't cruel enough.

Well for many on the right the cruelty is the point so that tracks.

• True 1

53 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm gonna say that engaging the services of a hooker doesn't exactly qualify as anything particularly "awesome" in my book.

All it does is show that you had the resources to execute a business transaction.

Depends on how much she costs

if she’s 10k a pop, that’s pretty awesome 

• Haha 1