Hunter Biden Update (07 December 2023): Hunter indicated on nine more tax-related charges

• 4 weeks later...

Hunter's Very Own Special Counsel says that he'll be indicted on the gun charges by month's end:

06dc-hunter-tgfk-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The timetable, following the collapse of an earlier deal that would have allowed President Biden’s son to avoid any jail time, means he will face prosecution as his father seeks re-election.

David C. Weiss, the special counsel investigating Hunter Biden, said on Wednesday that he planned to indict the president’s son on a gun charge before the end of the month — a move prompted by the acrimonious collapse of a plea deal in July.

In a three-page update filed in federal court in Wilmington, Del., Mr. Weiss laid out plans to bring charges related to Mr. Biden’s purchase of a pistol in 2018, when prosecutors say he lied on a federal form by stating that he was not using drugs at the time. Mr. Biden had previously agreed to participate in a two-year diversion program for nonviolent gun offenders as part of the plea deal, which unraveled dramatically at the last minute this summer.

Mr. Biden’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, signaled in a statement that he would challenge any effort to proceed with a trial, arguing that the original agreement reached over the summer “remains valid and prevents any additional charges from being filed.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Hunter's Very Own Special Counsel to indict him on the gun charges by month's end

US v Biden will shape up to be an interesting gun control case.  It would ironic if the President's own son causes the prohibition on drug users purchasing firearms to be ruled unconstitutional.  I think he has a strong Fifth Amendment argument to be made here - you can't be forced to incriminate yourself.  Question 21G on the background check form does exactly that (in my opinion).

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized
 for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside. 

This doesn't jive with the Fifth Amendment text

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

• Halal 1

And he's been indicted!

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

U.S. Attorney David Weiss was appointed special counsel in the case last month.

President Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden has been indicted by special counsel David Weiss on felony gun charges.

The charges bring renewed legal pressure on the younger Biden after a plea agreement he struck with prosecutors imploded in recent months.

The younger Biden has been charged with one count of False Statement in Purchase of a Firearm, one count of False Statement Related to Information Required to be Kept By Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer, and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Person who is an Unlawful User of or Addicted to a Controlled Substance.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Hunter's Very Own Special Counsel has indicted him on the gun charges
40 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I want the gun charges to have ramifications for all gun owners. :sickos:

I want him to be convicted so he can later have the law overturned because it's stupid, and it's a violation of a person's fifth amendment rights.  Plus it will be lol if a hypothetical Biden v US case overturns a (dumb) gun control law. 

These Thugs and Radical Right Monsters have just INDICATED a family member of the 46th President of the United States of America, the son of the leading a Democratic Candidate, by far, for the 2024 Nomination for President. THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE. IT IS LIKEWISE A CONTINUING ATTACK ON OUR ONCE FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. THE USA IS NOW A THIRD WORLD NATION, A NATION IN SERIOUS DECLINE. SO SAD!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • True 1
  • Hype 1

WWW.CNBC.COM

The civil lawsuit comes days after Hunter Biden was indicted on three criminal counts related to his possession of a handgun.

Hunter Biden filed a lawsuit Monday accusing IRS agents of “repeatedly and intentionally” publicly sharing his private tax return information while they criminally investigate him.

Those agents “have targeted and sought to embarrass Mr. Biden” by disclosing confidential information about his private tax matters to the media, the president’s son alleged in the civil suit in federal court in Washington, D.C.

Biden wants a court to declare that the IRS unlawfully revealed his tax information and award him $1,000 in damages for each unauthorized disclosure.

The lawsuit comes days after Biden, 53, was indicted on three criminal counts related to his possession of a handgun.

Biden’s attorney insisted in Monday’s court filing that the new lawsuit against the IRS “is not about the legitimacy of the IRS investigation of Mr. Biden over the past five years or any decision to penalize Mr. Biden for any failure to comply with his obligations under the tax laws.”

The 27-page complaint singles out two IRS agents, Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler, and their lawyers for allegedly “engaging in a campaign to publicly smear Mr. Biden” by disclosing his tax information in more than 20 nationally televised interviews and multiple public statements.

Shapley and Ziegler had stepped forward as whistleblowers to accuse the Department of Justice of misconduct related to the yearslong tax probe of President Joe Biden’s son. But their conduct extended beyond the bounds of their whistleblower status, Hunter Biden’s attorney alleged.

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hunter Biden Update (19 September 2023): Hunter sues the IRS
WWW.CNBC.COM

DOJ special counsel David Weiss opposed a video court hearing for Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, in the case charging him with gun crimes.

A federal judge Wednesday denied a request by Hunter Biden to have his first court appearance on felony firearm charges be conducted via video.

Judge Christopher Burke ordered Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, to appear in U.S. District Court in Wilmington, Delaware, in person for that hearing on Tuesday.

Hunter Biden “should be treated no differently” than other defendants, Department of Justice special counsel David Weiss said in a court filing earlier Wednesday.

Weiss noted the court’s Covid pandemic-related order authorizing virtual proceedings expired in June 2022.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hunter Biden Update (20 September 2023): judge rules that Hunter has to physically appear in court for the first hearing
On 9/14/2023 at 4:49 PM, BloodyHell said:

Prove it? Where’s his arrests and criminal record?

this is nonsense based on the wants of some on the left.

After recent rulings, this whole case has shaky legal grounds to begin with though. 

Come on, as someone with friends who loved the Peruvian Marching Powder, I can tell that guy has a PROBLEM.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hunter Biden Update (20 September 2023): judge rules that Hunter has to physically appear in court for his arraignment
21 hours ago, stepee said:

I will not REST until Hunter Biden is out of jail!!!!!

He ain’t going to jail. If he does, it will only be until his father is reelected. Somehow I doubt it even goes to trial before then.

these are crimes that never get prosecuted like this, they are generally used as enhancements. Also it directly contradicts recent rulings.

theres so many holes in this shit

21 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Come on, as someone with friends who loved the Peruvian Marching Powder, I can tell that guy has a PROBLEM.

One has a very public history with addiction, the other has armchair experts making claims.

There is literally no proof of what you’re saying.

that said, the whole family should be investigated for crimes committed long before 2016. I don’t think any of them are innocent of at least financial crimes related to Trump in NYC. And Especially Ivanka, getting copyrights from China while her father was president. And then of course Jared and 2bn Saudi dollars. Those things are real. 

Just now, BloodyHell said:

He ain’t going to jail. 

One has a very public history with addiction, the other has armchair experts making claims.

There is literally no proof of what you’re saying.

that said, the whole family should be investigated. I don’t think any of them are innocent of at least financial crimes related to Trump in NYC. And Especially Ivanka, getting copyrights from China while her father was president. And then of course Jared and 2bn Saudi dollars. Those things are real. 

FREE HUNTER

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

KEEP THE FAITH!

I actually don’t care, I just don’t see it. It really seems like malicious prosecution that is rarely charged against any other individual. 

I guess I see the hounding of family who aren’t involved in administrations by opposition as one of the ultimate disgusting political acts. 

22 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I actually don’t care, I just don’t see it. It really seems like malicious prosecution that is rarely charged against any other individual. 

I guess I see the hounding of family who aren’t involved in administrations by opposition as one of the ultimate disgusting political acts. 

We must get all members of the Biden Crime Familytm one at a time. Or something like that.