The Official Thread of Petty Bickering and Open Hostility

TheLeon

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

OK legit petty bickering for @gamer.tv

This bloke posts a thread about camping, says he will leave impressions. Doesn't leave impressions but instead deletes the thread. What a wanker!

Posts a thread about going to get a haircut

does not post pic of haircut

clearly gets of on being withholding

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This bloke posts a thread about camping, says he will leave impressions. Doesn't leave impressions but instead deletes the thread. What a wanker!

Right? Total bullshit. I bet he didn’t even go on vacation or have a wife and kid. Who is going to marry a dude who wears those little girlie man rugby shorts?

Alright, I know this shit has spiraled a bit, but here's the deal.

Continuing to speculate about or shit talk about another poster's sexuality isn't going to fly, full stop. So @best3444 consider this a warning to knock it off going forward.

Broadly speaking, if there's someone here that you keep unblocked for easy dunks and lulz, my recommendation is to either put that person on ignore or exercise some discipline about interacting with them, regardless of whether or not they're on this board or that board or whatever. Poking fun at how we all post is like 90% of the content here, so that's fine generally speaking. But dogpiling gets old, especially after the person, whoever they may be ITT or elsewhere, has generally left the conversation.

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Alright, I know this shit has spiraled a bit, but here's the deal.

Continuing to speculate about or shit talk about another poster's sexuality isn't going to fly, full stop. So @best3444 consider this a warning to knock it off going forward.

Broadly speaking, if there's someone here that you keep unblocked for easy dunks and lulz, my recommendation is to either put that person on ignore or exercise some discipline about interacting with them, regardless of whether or not they're on this board or that board or whatever. Poking fun at how we all post is like 90% of the content here, so that's fine generally speaking. But dogpiling gets old, especially after the person, whoever they may be ITT or elsewhere, has generally left the conversation.

Can we still make fun of heyyoudvd, though?

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

In fairness, the thread was derailed by an array of comments and by the time I was home, I didn’t really want to share my holiday any more. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Really. I meant what I said. I may not like him or his beliefs, but he clearly has issues going on, despite what he’s saying. I truly hope he gets the help he needs. 

I’ve experienced bi erasure in real life and it’s frustrating. Here, I just see it mostly as a sign of a desperately pathetic person lobbing whatever nonsense he can come up with. 

My wife is bi, too. Most of the time, if people find out about it they assume she "can't make up her mind" or that she's a closet lesbian pretending. The erasure is definitely a real thing. 

• Hugs 1

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd like to turn this from a petty bickering thread to a thread of reconciliation. I feel like in the past I would have drawn the ire of people in a thread like this. Specifically @Brian and @stepee who thought I was a terrible user. Maybe they still think I'm a terrible user but at least they seem less irritated by my antics. 🫂

This is the internet. No place for reconciliation, here :shameonyou:

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

My wife is bi, too. Most of the time, if people find out about it they assume she "can't make up her mind" or that she's a closet lesbian pretending. The erasure is definitely a real thing. 

Yeah, it’s really not cool to have people trying to invalidate my marriage or my sexuality. 

• Thanks 1

Regardless of the target, I think we ought to avoid diagnosing and discussing possible mental health issues of others outside of their own interest in talking about it. We’ve probably all made that mistake at some point, and it really isn’t great for those suffering to have us airing that out on their behalf.

Just an area where we collectively might want to tread more lightly, and probably better to engage such concerns in DMs.

40 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't really want to extend this conversation, but when I made those comments, I was literally going off the stuff he has repeatedly posted himself, particularly when he's had these meltdowns. I offer no diagnosis, just what he's been very public about admitting himself.

While this is true, you made those comments to be hurtful and used them as ammunition against him. That being said, he says the same things again and again about you lol. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

While this is true, you made those comments to be hurtful and used them as ammunition against him. That being said, he says the same things again and again about you lol. 

No, I really didn't. As I said, I may not like him and his behavior, but I truly hope he's able to overcome the issues he has. Having mental health issues and being a dick aren't mutually exclusive. I work in psych, trust me, I know. :p

• Halal 1

19 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Yeah, mental health issues are not a get out of jail free card, except in San Francisco apparently, for bad behavior. This is an in general comment, I just see it used to excuse bad behavior way too much.

The actual problem is conflating bad behavior with mental health issues. Some people are just being jerks and it’s perfectly fine to just call it out without the implication that there must be something mentally wrong with them.

Half the time it isn’t even an implication, it is explicit.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Look lets not turn this into a @best3444 exclusive thread okay? There are plenty of other D1Per's we could be hostile towards starting with you @MarSolo you condescending  little shit.

I was fine with @best3444 being a moron who literally needed his hand held to play a Zelda game until he decided to spoil a major plot point without spoiler marking it, and then trying to bi erase CNut.

I'm not condescending, I’m just calling a spade a spade.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1