Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct - 10:00 AM PT TODAY / Extended Showcase 10 AM PT June 13

Keyser_Soze

7 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Probably didn't need to watch this Starfield bit. It looks fine, but they've shown so damn much of it I feel like I've already played the game and gotten bored of it.

They really never showed a ton of it before today. Before this, it was one gameplay vid and a few trailers shown many times.

I was looking forward to it, but after this show, I’m officially excited for it. So many systems, it looks great, lots of alien life, space piracy, I'm definitely way more hyped.

7 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m underwhelmed by the melee weapons. They look to lack a visceral feel and impact. 

Agree, but I rarely ever use melee attacks in Bethesda games (except ES, but even then I use a lot of bows), so it’s not a huge problem to me personally.

46 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

so you can get a white Series S plus expandable storage for $540. Or get the black one for $350. 

You’d have 2.5tb in that situation so it’s still a better deal, though. If you get the white series S and a 1tb expansion you now have 1.5tb vs 1tb for $40 more than the new 1tb model. :silly:

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

No, but I'm not the one with the wrong opinion. That show was fantastic. Way better than Sony’s or SGF.

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

The Sony show was one of the worst I've seen in a long time and this show was a billion times better at least.

I guess we like different type games. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I feel like the “in-engine” shit was a real cop out much of the time here. 

Well cop out or not, Aaron Greenberg said as much:

None of our first party games in the show are full CG trailers. Everything is either in-game footage, in-engine footage, or in-game footage with some cinematics. Each of our trailers will be labeled so it is hopefully clear for our fans.

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I guess we like different type games. 

The Sony conference just failed on multiple levels IMO. Maybe it's about liking different types of games but Sony just seems out of touch. There was way too many live service titles, nothing first party past Spider-Man 2 and a poor PSVR2 (which just launched) showing. 

12 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

The Sony conference just failed on multiple levels IMO. Maybe it's about liking different types of games but Sony just seems out of touch. There was way too many live service titles, nothing first party past Spider-Man 2 and a poor PSVR2 (which just launched) showing. 

Not a fan of any type of VR games so I can’t comment on that. Me personally I like live service games and Spider-Man 2 is gonna be a blockbuster. Seems Microsoft was showing a lot of kiddie type games. I’m not shitting on them or the people who are excited for their games. They just aren’t my thing. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

@best3444 i demand a formal admitting of you being wrong :angry:

It's just an observation. You are really negative 95% of the time. I do remember you really liked Doom and after a few questionable comments on RE4, you did end up enjoying it which I appreciate since I bought it for you. 😉 

I think this was pretty boring but they all were. I think it’s a mix of 24 is just going to be another B+ tier year like 22 (this year is amazing and I bet 25 will be insane) and the death of E3. With E3 no longer having power this all gets spread throughout the year more than it used to. The game awards show might be bigger already than all these combined in terms of mindshare. 

But yeah no idea what 24 is going to have at this point but if Hellblade 2 makes it that’s cool

Getting caught up now. I’ve complained before about these shows, but simply having (nearly) all of these games on Game Pass takes a lot of the sting out of trailers that don’t really show any gameplay. I’ll just download them when they come out. 

As for Starfield, man… if this thing delivers at even like 25% of its potential, it’ll be awesome.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Not a fan of any type of VR games so I can’t comment on that. Me personally I like live service games and Spider-Man 2 is gonna be a blockbuster. Seems Microsoft was showing a lot of kiddie type games. I’m not shitting on them or the people who are excited for their games. They just aren’t my thing. 

Ah, that makes sense the live service games were appropriately marketed to you :lol: Spider-Man 2 does look great but it was a known quantity going in and they didn't show any other upcoming games first party games for next year. It just felt like a giant misstep similar to the Microsoft conference last year.