Songs that you think secretly fucking slap

Fizzzzle

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I do not like Taylor Swift, but I will admit that Shake It Off is pretty catchy. 

That's a Max Martin song, because of course it is.

(if there's a pop song that has gotten stuck in your head in the last 25 years, there's like a 50/50 chance it was at least co-written by Max Martin. He also wrote "since u been gone" which i mentioned in the OP)

Also I don't mean "write" as in he wrote the lyrics necessarily. I'm pretty sure Taylor Swift writes her own lyrics, at least most of the time. Max Martin writes the melody and structure.

On 3/4/2023 at 6:37 PM, Fizzzzle said:

This topic has been on my brain recently. I was actually in the middle of a complete breakdown of why "break stuff" by limp Bizkit is secretly kind of a perfect song, from a structural standpoint. And I do not generally like Limp Bizkit.That's neither here nor there.

However, one song that I've had stuck in my head for the last couple days us "Since U Been gone" by Kelly Clarkson.

... that song is fucking great, I don't care what anyone says. You can argue that the whole song is forte, and if everything is forte then nothing matters, and I get that, but.... The song slaps, though.

… I keep seeing the clip of Anne Hathaway singing this song in some kind of contest vs Kelly Clarkson.. she does pretty good

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Derek said:

I didn't think it was a secret that those songs 'fucking slap'?

Well I’ve been a rather hardcore alt/indie/heavy rock, metal, punk and industrial listener since my youth, so it’s rare for me to think that too many songs outside of the genres that I like ‘fucking slap’. So for that reason I guess that it could be considered a secret that I think that the songs that I listed do. But I grew up in the 80s when MTV played music videos 24 hours a day, and it was common for a lot of people to like a variety of different types of songs back then for that reason. But once the 90s hit things changed, and I personally haven’t liked too many songs outside of my preferred genres since then.

2 hours ago, Derek said:

Toto's Africa is one of the best songs ever.

I agree.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...