Songs that you think secretly fucking slap

Fizzzzle

This topic has been on my brain recently. I was actually in the middle of a complete breakdown of why "break stuff" by limp Bizkit is secretly kind of a perfect song, from a structural standpoint. And I do not generally like Limp Bizkit.That's neither here nor there.

However, one song that I've had stuck in my head for the last couple days us "Since U Been gone" by Kelly Clarkson.

... that song is fucking great, I don't care what anyone says. You can argue that the whole song is forte, and if everything is forte then nothing matters, and I get that, but.... The song slaps, though.

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

"Call Me Baby" is unironically good.

Not familiar with that one, but I thought you said "call me maybe" and there is actually a strange subgroup of music nerds on the internet who, for whatever reason, fucking LOVE Carly Rae Jepsen.

Like that's a real thing, there are dudes who listen to Dream Theater as their day job who love Carly Rae. It's like bronies, I don't understand it.

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Not familiar with that one, but I thought you said "call me maybe" and there is actually a strange subgroup of music nerds on the internet who, for whatever reason, fucking LOVE Carly Rae Jepsen.

Like that's a real thing, there are dudes who listen to Dream Theater as their day job who love Carly Rae. It's like bronies, I don't understand it.

Lol that's the one I meant.

That new'ish song that uses the Eiffel 65 'I'm Blue' beat is pretty cool. 

Also, I've been singing my own variations (in my head and out loud) of The Beach Boys 'Kokomo' lately. I don't know why, but it's probably not a secret that it's a fun song.

How secretly slap are we talking about? Like underrated songs or songs that are from a genre you don't listen to?

I'm a hardcore/death metal/djent-mathcore - metalhead but Taylor Swift & St Vincent are pretty impressive sometimes. I don't have them on rotation but when they come on I'll secretly tap my foot. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I won’t go that far, but I do think she’s a pretty good pop star who had to work hard to overcome one hit wonder/novelty status after that song blew up. 

Someone in a local Facebook group offered a spare ticket for her concert a few years ago, so I went at the last minute. It was fun. 

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

How secretly slap are we talking about? Like underrated songs or songs that are from a genre you don't listen to?

I'm a hardcore/death metal/djent-mathcore - metalhead but Taylor Swift & St Vincent are pretty impressive sometimes. I don't have them on rotation but when they come on I'll secretly tap my foot. 

My wife plays Taylor Swift a lot. I secretly get disappointed if it isn’t a Swift playlist car ride. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Halal 1

18 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

her album, emotion, is great but didn’t get a lot of love in the mainstream.