Dominion releases a summary of everything it got from Fox News during discovery for its lawsuit

Some highlights,

• Basically every on-air personality called Sydney Powell insane in private conversation but then kept putting her on TV
  • Everybody knew there was no actual fraud, but a bunch of people were aware that Fox accurately calling Arizona had hurt "the brand" with its viewers and that they were turning to Newsmax instead
  • Sydney Powell sent Maria Bartoromo an e-mail from a source where the source said they had information about the election that they got from "time-travel in a semi-conscious state" and gets messages from the wind
  • Rupert Murdoch sent an e-mail saying, "Trump will concede eventually and we should concentrate on Georgia, helping any way we can"

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/D8File/2023/02/16/2023-02-16-redacted-dominion-opening-sj-brief.pdf?VersionId=KqP__Mm3hJOV3pvOAUCf_Yf3RVxhHRve

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sicko 1

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It’s just gonna lead to the rise of somebody else. Newsmax or OAN or some other network made specifically from the ashes of Fox News will rise up to take its place. 

it will be funny if it happens, but the joy will be short lived. 

Haven’t they been getting dropped from cable packages though?

• Rupert Murdoch told Scott to read a Wall Street Journal piece about Newsmax, telling her: “These people should be watched, if skeptically. Trump will concede eventually and we should concentrate on Georgia, helping any way we can. We don’t want to antagonize Trump further, but Giuliani taken with a large grain of salt. Everything at stake here.” [11/16/20]
  •  

I mean, this quote right here. You're a fucking news station. Your job is not to fucking "help" you fucking fucks. Everything is at stake? What is everything, your blatantly obvious mission of being a complete fake news organization whose only goal is to assist the political agenda of a single party?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ort said:
  • Rupert Murdoch told Scott to read a Wall Street Journal piece about Newsmax, telling her: “These people should be watched, if skeptically. Trump will concede eventually and we should concentrate on Georgia, helping any way we can. We don’t want to antagonize Trump further, but Giuliani taken with a large grain of salt. Everything at stake here.” [11/16/20]
  •  

I mean, this quote right here. You're a fucking news station. Your job is not to fucking "help" you fucking fucks. Everything is at stake? What is everything, your blatantly obvious mission of being a complete fake news organization whose only goal is to assist the political agenda of a single party?

I mean, lets not pretend that Fox are the only partisan hacks. There's a damn good reason most people don't trust the media. 

News organizations aren't outright lying, they'll report the facts as they know them, but they all manipulate them towards whatever party the billionaires that own them leans. Fox just happens to be the most powerful. 

Look at the Cuomo/Cuomo shit during the pandemic. Pure manipulation,. 

20 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, lets not pretend that Fox are the only partisan hacks. There's a damn good reason most people don't trust the media. 

News organizations aren't outright lying, they'll report the facts as they know them, but they all manipulate them towards whatever party the billionaires that own them leans. Fox just happens to be the most powerful. 

To be clear, this whole thing is about fox news outright lying so this is not the best both sides attempt out there even without getting into things like how different degrees of something can exist.

You are right that news organizations parse news in a certain way to manipulate voters, but that is usually whatever centerist approach is most profitable. There is no left wing news station, no news stations help promote far left politicians. Fox News is the only one that really tilts to a political party, the others just tilt to whatever they think will bring them the most money and not upset the status quo. There is a world of difference.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, you're not completely wrong... but there is a pretty big gap between the journalistic integrity of a CNN or MSNBC compared to Fox.

I have a very low opinion of both CNN and MSNBC... but my opinion of Fox is so low it may as well be in a pit that goes all the way to the other side of the Earth.

Fox is so much worse. So much worse... like on a completely different stratosphere. It's like saying that stepping on a nail or stepping on a landmine are both bad things.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

To be clear, this whole thing is about fox news outright lying so this is not the best both sides attempt out there even without getting into things like how different degrees of something can exist.

You are right that news organizations parse news in a certain way to manipulate voters, but that is usually whatever centerist approach is most profitable. There is no left wing news station, no news stations help promote far left politicians. Fox News is the only one that really tilts to a political party, the others just tilt to whatever they think will bring them the most money and not upset the status quo. There is a world of difference.

MSNBC and (to a slightly lesser degree) CNN are both 100% partisan news organizations that 100% cater to and promote the left wings agenda. I think the main difference though is that they don't straight up lie to your face. The hosts on the shows actually believe the agenda they are pushing. They are in the bag for the left wing because they believe in the left wing agenda. They will take things to a certain level but don't go anywhere near the bad faith manipulation and outright willful deceptive nature of a Fox News.

They are playing for team lefty, but are following the rules so to speak. Fox News doesn't give a shit about anything. They will say and do anything to keep their side in power and sow distrust and hate amongst their audience.

• True 1

Just now, ort said:

MSNBC and (to a slightly lesser degree) CNN are both 100% partisan news organizations that 100% cater to and promote the left wings agenda. I think the main difference though is that they don't straight up lie to your face. The hosts on the shows actually believe the agenda they are pushing. They are in the bag for the left wing because they believe in the left wing agenda. They will take things to a certain level but don't go anywhere near the bad faith manipulation and outright willful deceptive nature of a Fox News.

They are playing for team lefty, but are following the rules so to speak. Fox News doesn't give a shit about anything. They will say and do anything to keep their side in power and sow distrust and hate amongst their audience.

Id argue that they cater to centerist Democrats and not any further than that. I wouldn’t really call them leftists. Our establishment Democrats should be our conservatives . That’s the thing is you kinda have to lean at least that way otherwise you are just crazy because the right is pretty much entirely taken over by the far right while in comparison the far left has no representation. 

I've thought about this quite a bit. I think one of the reasons many right wingers don't trust anything anyone says is because they know that like 90% of what they are promoting is just straight up bullshit nonsense that they don't believe a word of... so the idea that the other side actually believes in and cares about things feels completely foreign and unbelievable. If everything they say is just willfully manipulative nonsense they are just saying to further their "hidden" agenda of lowering taxes, removing regulations to help big business and maintaining the status quo for the ruling elite, then they just assume that the other side is playing by the same rules... but they aren't. Well, they sorta are, but again, it's a difference of magnitude. And there is a huge gap.

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I've thought about this quite a bit. I think one of the reasons many right wingers don't trust anything anyone says is because they know that like 90% of what they are promoting is just straight up bullshit nonsense that they don't believe a word of... so the idea that the other side actually believes in and cares about things feels completely foreign and unbelievable. If everything they say is just willfully manipulative nonsense they are just saying to further their "hidden" agenda of lowering taxes and maintaining the status quo for the ruling elite, then they just assume that the other side is playing by the same rules... but they aren't. Well, they sorta are, but again, it's a difference of magnitude. And there is a huge gap.

Around 96% of conservative politics at this point is pure projection yes 

That's why Donald Trump was such an enigma. Both sides (but mostly the republicans) are constantly speaking in wild hyperbolic terms, attempting to vilify the opposition and raise the stakes on every battle to move engagement or whatever... but most people know that 90% of politics is just gamesmanship... but what happens when someone gets in there who actually is as bad as the hyperbole or even worse?

Republicans knew in the past that the vast majority of what they were pushing or promoting was nonsense, but Trump made the lie so much harder to pull off. As Trump because more and more toxic and insane, the right wingers who backed him for so long were already in so deep, they were forced to go along for the ride. They were stuck. They were all boiled frogs.

By the time they all had to defend the stolen election bullshit, they were all the way gone. You can't come back from that.

You can kinda see how pretty much everything works in action by watching interviews of the people who got caught/are planning to vote multiple times in an election because “well, the other side is doing it so I have to make up for that”

It’s all about lying to people that someone is doing something bad that you actually want to do and then doing that bad thing and then just saying well it’s fine because remember the other side was doing it.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’ll give a single shit about the so called left wing media when Rachael Maddow gets regular (like, daily) one on one conversations with the president like the big orange sphincter did with Hannity 

(probably should do this tbh, but that’s not relevant here)

This.

Guys like Hannity and Carlson had a direct line to Trump and were practically helping him shape policy.