Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - "Inside ‘Across the Spider-Verse’: Last Minute [redacted], Major Rewrites and Setting Up the Final Film" (Variety)

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (June 2023) - Official Trailer #1

Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar®-winning Spider-Verse saga, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. But when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders and must redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (02 June 2023) - Official Trailer #1

First film was fantastic, definitely looking forward to this. Just a reminder, a third film is also coming in March 2024 called Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse as well, so they are basically making these two back to back to make a trilogy.

Also, while I fully expect these to be good, it is at least worth noting that Phil Lord, without Christopher Miller, wrote the story to the first film. He then co-wrote the screenplay with director Rodney Rothman, who co-directed the film with Bob Persichetti and Peter Ramsey (fortunately, Lord and Miller also produced). 

For the second and third films, Phil Lord is back writing both scripts, bringing Christopher Miller in this time to co-write with him which is great (along with a third writer, Dave Callaham, responsible for crap like Doom, The Expendables, Horsemen, Tell Tale, and America: The Motion Picture). Thankfully, Lord and Miller are back producing both. But the previous three directors are all out, bringing in instead Joaquim Dos Santos (Legend of Korra - a veteran), Kemp Powers (wrote One Night in Miami and co-directed Soul), and Justin K. Thompson (an animation veteran making his co-directing debut). Just interesting to see what's changed with the key behind the scenes crew between the first one and these two. I think taking all into account it's possible these two may be even better than the first.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (02 June 2023) - Official Trailer #2
4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Why do trailers have bits before them now saying you’re about to see the trailer?  Who started this?  Who wants this?

It’s for when the trailers play as an ad in front of other videos. You see that 5 second teaser before you’re allowed to skip the full thing. 

• 1 month later...

The movie absolutely rules. I don’t know how they did it, but they took the thing up another notch in every way. I very rarely watch the same movie twice in theaters, but I’m 100% hitting a Dolby Cinema presentation of this sometime next week.

Assuming they stick the landing next year, would be hard pressed not to say this is the greatest super hero movie trilogy of all time.

It's good. So fucking good. I am so glad I avoided any press and promotion for this, but there's so much going on even the trailers couldn't spoil much. I think I love this more than the first. Intensity and levity are perfectly balanced, and the Spider lore is spectacular.

9 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Incredible movie, I got chills from minute one. Just one little complaint:

Hide contents

They forgot to give the dang thing an ending!

:p

Yeah I had no idea.

Spoiler

When the surprise reveal happened I could only think this movie has felt long how are they going to wrap everything up in a reasonable amount of time. Welp.

7 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It's good. So fucking good. I am so glad I avoided any press and promotion for this, but there's so much going on even the trailers couldn't spoil much. I think I love this more than the first. Intensity and levity are perfectly balanced, and the Spider lore is spectacular.

Yeah I had no idea.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

not sure why I'm putting this as a spoiler....it was announced long ago they were splitting the movie 

Thought it was good, but still liked the original more 

I warned my 10 yo about the ending and it still pissed him off. His exact quote was... "That wasn't a cliff hanger, it was a mount Everest hanger".

He really liked everything but the ending, which he really really did not like. I don't think kids these days like cliff hangers...

I thought the ending was great. I'm a sucker for a good cliff hanger... I thought the whole movie was great. I think the first one was better overall, but this is a worthy follow-up which is saying a lot, since the first was one of the best movies in recent memory.