Abbott and Desantis are scum, News at 11

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'd say Biden should just grant them all amnesty, but they haven't actually broken any laws. I say, keep them on Martha's Vineyard until they've missed their check-in dates, then grant them amnesty and green cards. Do this every time a red states pulls this stunt.

Or prosecute Desantis

• Halal 4

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'd say Biden should just grant them all amnesty, but they haven't actually broken any laws. I say, keep them on Martha's Vineyard until they've missed their check-in dates, then grant them amnesty and green cards. Do this every time a red states pulls this stunt.

I love this. Make it so this stunt just becomes a fast track towards citizenship.

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I love this. Make it so this stunt just becomes a fast track towards citizenship.

It's only fair. If the government is going to fuck around with you to trick you into being deported, you deserve equal restitution. It would be equally great to see Florida spend millions helping all these folks fast track to citizenship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Didn't those DHS officers all commit crimes?  Aren't they an executive branch department?  How the fuck haven't they been wrangled by Biden's people?

It's very unlikely you'd be able to prove anything here. DHS officers are going to claim they just put down the address they were given and whoever was on Google looking up addresses to shelters across the country are likely going to claim it was a language barrier issue and oops.

3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

I imagine it is a pretty common practice for DHS that's never gotten attention. 

If I'm not mistaken, while Trump was president, they had a habit of giving migrants false court dates so that they'd miss their real court dates.

0000SF-Immigration-Court.jpg?w=1200&h=63
WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

“It’s obviously a logistical mess.”

Ultimately i don't get why this was done, like sure Abbott does it cause hes a shithead but TX is an actual border state, like if anyone changes their mind on who to vote for this november its probably not going to work in DeSantis' favor cause the people waffling likely aren't going to go "Yeah he spent my FL tax dollars to lie to migrants in TX and send them to MA, I'll vote for him!"

25 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Ultimately i don't get why this was done, like sure Abbott does it cause hes a shithead but TX is an actual border state, like if anyone changes their mind on who to vote for this november its probably not going to work in DeSantis' favor cause the people waffling likely aren't going to go "Yeah he spent my FL tax dollars to lie to migrants in TX and send them to MA, I'll vote for him!"

To own the libs. There's no greater thinking than that. Once Abbott pulled the stunt sending migrants to New York, DeSantis felt he had to up the performative lib owning by getting pictures of migrants lost in Obama's neighborhood.

• True 1

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Didn't those DHS officers all commit crimes?  Aren't they an executive branch department?  How the fuck haven't they been wrangled by Biden's people?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

SCOTUS made sure they can't be prosecuted for any of that.

Instead of firing them...can they all be re-assigned to a special DHS facility on an abandon oil rig in the Gulf?

This kind of stuff makes me actually want to inflict violence on the people responsible. The system can't be used to hold them responsible, and they continue to use it to harm others massively. What other actual recourse is there but violence? Yada yada things will be worse for everyone, and obviously I don't want open sectarian violence in the US. But really, how long and far does the right wing go in the US before people strike back against these governors and police groups? The main thing saving them is that it's the right wing who mostly has the guns (and I include the police in that).

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I wonder if any of these immigrants, after their current situation was thoroughly explained to them, said “this country is fucked! Screw you guys, I’m walking back to Ecuador.”

I'm pretty sure that they're saying among themselves, "Unlike these American idiots, we have somewhere we can return to anytime we want.  They're all stuck here!"

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

We can talk about the cruelty we can talk about the legality of it…. in the GOP circles they have “owned” the libs….

they will ignore the indignation because its making them appear as heroes.. I await their escalation… surprised they didnt split up the kids from the parents

I'll repeat myself. The only "win" here is granting them all green cards as apologies. This will piss the right off and immediately stop the farce.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

54 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'll repeat myself. The only "win" here is granting them all green cards as apologies. This will piss the right off and immediately stop the farce.

nah, it wont stop the farce... theres a spin in there where Libs spend more money and prioritize immigrants over US citizens... they do the granting of green cards and it plays into the "open border" narrative... this immigration crisis has to escalate for the GOP, it has to get loud enough to upset enough Americans so as to be louder than the abortion rights issue that the Dems are going to use to hammer the GOP with during the mid-terms

Pure and utter annihilation of GOP at mid-terms might be enough to turn some away from Trump-ism and the wide open cruelty seen these last few years.. but Desantis will carry on

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

nah, it wont stop the farce... theres a spin in there where Libs spend more money and prioritize immigrants over US citizens... they do the granting of green cards and it plays into the "open border" narrative... this immigration crisis has to escalate for the GOP, it has to get loud enough to upset enough Americans so as to be louder than the abortion rights issue that the Dems are going to use to hammer the GOP with during the mid-terms

They'd complain, but that's no different than what they're doing now. There is nothing Democrats can do that will stop Republicans from complaining.

They absolutely will stop flying migrants around the country if every time they do those same migrants are given green cards as apologies. The whole point of giving them false addresses is to send them to sanctuary cities and then brag on camera as those same people are then deported because they missed their court dates. No court date to miss if they've been given the fully legal resident status. Even better, the next time they try to pull the stunt, migrants will be fighting to board those buses and planes for their own green cards. You just know, Republicans love watching these folks board those rides knowing they're being tricked. There is no joy in the trick when they're just sending them off to make the US their permanent home.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

They'd complain, but that's no different than what they're doing now. There is nothing Democrats can do that will stop Republicans from complaining.

They absolutely will stop flying migrants around the country if every time they do those same migrants are given green cards as apologies. The whole point of giving them false addresses is to send them to sanctuary cities and then brag on camera as those same people are then deported because they missed their court dates. No court date to miss if they've been given the fully legal resident status. Even better, the next time they try to pull the stunt, migrants will be fighting to board those buses and planes for their own green cards. You just know, Republicans love watching these folks board those rides knowing they're being tricked. There is no joy in the trick when they're just sending them off to make the US their permanent home.

This is a mindless publicity stunt to stoke the culture war, so if you’re going to answer it with another mindless publicity stunt, don’t even limit yourself to immigration.

Relocate the migrants to a halfway decent asylum facility, if one exists, then fly in a helicopter to DeSantis’s mansion and deliver him a bill for all the money Florida owes blue states like Massachusetts for their *de facto* subsidizing of the state’s finances. (It will be a sum way beyond the state’s capacity to repay)

This will also accomplish nothing, but actually solving problems isn’t what stunts like the one DeSantis pulled here are about.  And if we’re truly in the Late Empire stage, we have nothing left to do except engage in self-defeating neanderthaline political food-fights anyway.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1