The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

My Wolf Link amiibo gave me a bunch of meat.

Also, I’m loving the investigative aspect of the story. I don’t know what’s going on so I have to talk to people to find out. Just reached Kakariko Village and some wild shit is happening in the background (story wise, not at the actual location, although the ring ruins are wild too).

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You know what I don’t love losing? Sleep. I slept three hours last night and in the middle of those three hours I had to wake up to go pee. 

Worth it though.

I wrapped up the Fire Temple when I realized it was 1:30am and I hadn't even gotten the kids' clothes ready for school the next day. Just waiting for the bus thinking I could use a nap.

• Shocked 1

I usually like to finish games I'm in the middle of before jumping on a new one, sometimes I'll start a different game that just came out to see how it is for like the first hour or so then go back and finish the one I was already in the middle of, but I more-or-less abandoned Jedi Survivor for TotK :p 

totk-france.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Does this mean that Hyrule is in our world, or that France exists everywhere?

Tears of the Kingdom is a return to a saved Hyrule, a rarity for the Zelda series, as it lets us see the impact we've had, watching as civilisation begins to rebuild. There are plenty of nods to Breath of the Wild and little lore tidbits that expand on the world we know, but nestled among these details is a reference to France.

France... the very real European country that was founded in 1792, is referenced in the horse customisation options thanks to the "French-Braided Mane". Somehow, it exists in the fictional world of Zelda among Hyrule, which begs the question of whether other real countries do, or if Hyrule replaces one of our countries. Maybe it's a post-apocalyptic version of the USA, a la Death Stranding, or maybe France is just a constant no matter the universe you're in. Maybe there's a France across from Middle-earth.

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

It reportedly topped the launch of FIFA 23, which was last year’s best-selling game…

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has reportedly made a flying start in France.

The Switch exclusive sequel was released on Friday and sold almost 500,000 physical copies during its launch weekend, according to Le Figaro (via Google Translate).

By way of comparison, FIFA 23, the best-selling video game last year in France with 1.7 million units, sold 420,000 copies physically across PlayStation, Xbox and Switch consoles during its launch weekend.

35 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I usually like to finish games I'm in the middle of before jumping on a new one, sometimes I'll start a different game that just came out to see how it is for like the first hour or so then go back and finish the one I was already in the middle of, but I more-or-less abandoned Jedi Survivor for TotK :p 

Square Enix must be getting nervous they decided to release FFXVI so close to TOTK.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Square Enix must be getting nervous they decided to release FFXVI so close to TOTK.

I think a solid month is good enough separation for these titles. Plus, the demographic for FF is a bit different than Zelda's.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

68 shrines, all the towers, too many hourss.

man, upgraded batteries are so damn good 

JFC 😆 

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Sounds like we're neck and neck lol. Hopefully I'll get to dig into it more this evening 

I need to open up the map with towers. I'm going to focus on that this evening. Probably register a horse, too. 

17 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh lord, that's a slow way to farm rupees! I just go into caves hunting for diamonds. 500 rupees a piece! They're also used for a few other things but you get enough over the course of a long adventure that you can definitely afford to sell some.

It was the top couple results on google when I checked. Any suggestions for caves to find diamonds in? I think I've only stumbled across a couple diamonds in total so far.

8 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Rupee farming is easy with Amiibo. I usually go to a place that's super cold or super hot, scan an amiibo that drops meat, the meat will automatically cook or freeze, doubling its value, and then you sell it. 

But then you need an Amiibo. Google says you can clone them to a cheap nfc tag and clone it, but that all seems like a lot of effort.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Let me ask this. How many do you have?

Shrines - 17

Towers - 0

Hours- 10 hours

Shrines - 47

Towers - All

Light roots - 12

Hearts - 9

Stamina Wheels - 2

Apples - elevendy bagillion (hint: Sonapan shrine) 

Hours - What day of the week is it?!

• Shocked 2
  • Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Shrines - 47

Towers - All

Light roots - 12

Hearts - 9

Stamina Wheels - 2

Apples - elevendy bagillion (hint: Sonapan shrine) 

Hours - What day of the week is it?!

I've really got to figure out how to adult and put some time in this game lol

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I've really got to figure out how to adult and put some time in this game lol

The challenges are great, but I will tell you that as my kids get older (20 and 10 now) it gets a bit easier to manage my time each year. Of course, conversely they take more money, so its a trade off...  :p

5 hours ago, eventide11 said:

So I was wrong about thinking this game needed to be like older Zelda games. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Nintendo has their finger on the pulse of what makes games fun, appealing, interesting and has a way of making you think about the games even when you're not playing. I'm blown away by how much better this is than I thought it would be. I'll go sit in the corner now 

I am personally in favor of ditching the super-intense traditional dungeon design, at least for an open world game like this. One of the most memorable dungeons from a classic Zelda game was Snowpeak in Twilight Princess, and that's because we were exploring this mountain and just stumble on this non-descript house, and even halfway through exploring the interior it still didn't feel quite like a dungeon.  Now everything feels like Snowpeak.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

It was the top couple results on google when I checked. Any suggestions for caves to find diamonds in? I think I've only stumbled across a couple diamonds in total so far.

But then you need an Amiibo. Google says you can clone them to a cheap nfc tag and clone it, but that all seems like a lot of effort.

Ah, well I do own every Zelda Amiibo, but I also bought a complete Zelda pack of pre-made tags (cards) on eBay for $20, so about the same price for a single real Amiibo. Or, for the PC players out there you can get them free and use them an unlimited amount of times.

Quick question for those that are further along: once you find all the lightroots, does the entire underworld map get revealed? I haven't spent a ton of time down there, but it seems like I'm just not finding the roots and their reach is so limited.

Just now, Brick said:

Glad I'm not the only one who keeps forgetting that Ascend is a thing. 

I'm also constantly forgetting about it.

I probably have more free time than a majority on this board yet my play times are not even close. I can only game for about 2 hours a day max. I cherish sleep so I make sure I get 8-9 hours every night.

Vic for instance....he blew me away with his Elden Ring playthrough/s and he is doing it again with this. It's really something else lol.  BloodyHell too...

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I probably have more free time than a majority on this board yet my play times are not even close. I can only game for about 2 hours a day max. I cherish sleep so I make sure I get 8-9 hours every night.

Vic for instance....he blew me away with his Elden Ring playthrough/s and he is doing it again with this. It's really something else lol.  BloodyHell too...

What is sleep? 

Caffeine GIFs | Tenor

• Sicko 1

32 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Quick question for those that are further along: once you find all the lightroots, does the entire underworld map get revealed? I haven't spent a ton of time down there, but it seems like I'm just not finding the roots and their reach is so limited.

I'm also constantly forgetting about it.

I’ve only been down there for a little bit but I think that the light roots are DIRECTLY underneath the shrines, so base your travel underground on that.