DualSense Edge Controller

Spork3245

10 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Part of durability is being able to withstand "normal wear & tear" which includes small drops like for instance the 2 feet from my couch to the floor.

Again never had any issues with that in any controller over the past 30 years until I got a PS5.

Is it the best controller sony have ever made? Maybe? That's not a very high bar to clear though. 

Ability to grip a controller is easier when hands aren’t covered in Doritos dust

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Not bad but that initial price is a bit much. If my two current controllers get drift tho this might be what I go with 

Seriously, learn to solder. I changed out the sticks in my og ps5 controller and my pc xbox controller for 13$ each and two youtube vids. One on how to solder (practiced first), and one on how to replace the switches. First time took me 30 minutes because I didn't know what I was doing. Second took about 15. Thats including teardown and rebuilding. 

I have 4 sets of Joycons I need to fix now, but they need different switches I need to order. 

• 2 months later...

meh, they could have had $200 from me if they just added official pc driver support with full feature set through wireless, or offered a dongle if there is some standard bluetooth bandwidth limitation. 

I hope valve just makes a new steam controller with lessons learned form steam deck (track pad is fine, just also include dual analog, bulky is okay!) and add in the advanced haptics so they aren’t stuck on  wired controller only.

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

meh, they could have had $200 from me if they just added official pc driver support with full feature set through wireless, or offered a dongle if there is some standard bluetooth bandwidth limitation. 

I hope valve just makes a new steam controller with lessons learned form steam deck (track pad is fine, just also include dual analog, bulky is okay!) and add in the advanced haptics so they aren’t stuck on  wired controller only.

I've heard rumours of a Steam Controller 2.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah, it could be good and one I’ll settle on too, I don’t actually have any hope that it will include dualsense caliber haptics tho :(

I've heard good things about the Steam Controller, so I might get a 2 if it materializes. Still using a 360 controller for my PC myself. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

I've heard good things about the Steam Controller, so I might get a 2 if it materializes. Still using a 360 controller for my PC myself. 

I didn’t like the first controller, it felt light and cheap and the biggest problem is they tried to make the right trackpad replace the analog stick rather than be an addition to. It’s a terrible analog stick replacement imo but it’s a great additional input control especially for just moving around your desktop without needing to pick up a m/kb. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Battery life is not as good as the normal dualsense :sickos:

226463_DualSense_Edge_VPavic_0003.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The ultimate PS5 controller? For now, perhaps.

I'll definitely be reading that later when I have time. But that sentence under their title inspires zero confidence...

"Battery life will take a hit, but everything else seems just as good — if not better — than the original DualSense."

Seems just as good, maybe a little better.... for $200!?

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

keeping to the same form factor is the thing I like most about it. But it could have a unique color scheme. 

Yeah I’m talking about colors. The same form doesn’t bother me but how about something that says hey I’m a special $200 controller lol.