Someone blew up the Georgia Guidestones

ap22187729304688.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

Dubbed "America's Stonehenge," the Georgia Guidestones bears a 10-part message in eight different languages with guidance for living in an "age of reason."

If you aren't familiar, the Georgia Guidestones are this moment that was put up via an anonymous benefactor that basically had like post-apocalypse instructions for rebuilding human society. They were pretty much just a curiosity that some rich person had built because they were bored and have a bunch of vague "commandments" for how society should be run. It's also pretty pro-eugenics.

Religious nuts and Q-tards have had a fascination with them for a long time.

Someone blew up part of it, and Georgia took down the remains for safety.

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

tumblr_l4sy10Qdmz1qz4wylo1_500.gifv
I’ve never heard of those things before in my entire life. 

Eh, there's no reason you would have unless you hate watch the History Channel like I do.

They're a minor curiosity that conspiracy nut jobs latch onto as being like Satanist, or illuminati, or aliens or lizard people or whatever, depending on which flavor of nut you ask.

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Eh, there's no reason you would have unless you hate watch the History Channel like I do.

They're a minor curiosity that conspiracy nut jobs latch onto as being like Satanist, or illuminati, or aliens or lizard people or whatever, depending on which flavor of nut you ask.

I was hoping it was some kind of gross Confederacy monument that a hero blasted to kingdom come. 

• Halal 1

25 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Was it that crazy lady running for governor or senator or whatever. I realize the description doesn't narrow it down at all but John Oliver did a bit on her and getting rid of them was like her biggest campaign promise.

Is that for real?

I hate that we have card-carrying conspiracy theorists dumbassing their way into public office.

4 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Was it that crazy lady running for governor or senator or whatever. I realize the description doesn't narrow it down at all but John Oliver did a bit on her and getting rid of them was like her biggest campaign promise.

How do you not remember that stupid white trash name Kandiss?

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Interesting just how quickly they took down the monument instead of letting the dust settle just a bit on the investigation 

That was my fault. Burger King stops serving breakfast at 10:30am, so I had to get rid of that thing as quickly as possible or miss out on my ham, egg & cheese croissant.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

lmaooooooo

The Guidestones were commissioned and funded by a racist old doctor from the midwest that loved eugenics and was essentially an eco-fascist intent on reordering the world after a nuclear war. 

The right wingers that claim the Guidestones are the roadmap for the New World Order don't know this. If they did, they'd probably agree with it. 

• Sicko Sherman 10

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

lmaooooooo

The Guidestones were commissioned and funded by a racist old doctor from the midwest that loved eugenics and was essentially an eco-fascist intent on reordering the world after a nuclear war. 

The right wingers that claim the Guidestones are the roadmap for the New World Order don't know this. If they did, they'd probably agree with it. 

Man, the Sicko Sherman reaction has seldom been more appropriate!

• Sicko Sherman 1

I think it speaks to the severe rot in American culture that such an anodyne and benign nothingburger of a "conspiracy" like the Guidestones can inspire so much vitriol as to incite domestic terrorism.

I mean, I wouldn't say it's a new low or anything. Comet Ping Pong happened almost 6 years ago at this point, but this seems like such a juxtaposition of the oldschool conspiracy tripe with Trump era extremism.

Like if some dudes went out into the forest Sasquatch hunting and ended up making a graphic Al-Queda style beheading video with some stupid sap they caught trying to pull a hoax with a monkey suit.

• Like 1
  • Halal 3

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Now do the rest of the Confederate monuments.

The Guidestones were not a Confederate monument. If they were, blowing them up would not be something that the nutjob right would have latched onto.

No one has threatened to blow up Stone Mountain, for example.

• Sicko Sherman 2

19 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

The Guidestones were not a Confederate monument. If they were, blowing them up would not be something that the nutjob right would have latched onto.

No one has threatened to blow up Stone Mountain, for example.

Oh I know it’s not.

I’m just saying, blow them up.

• Halal 1

On 7/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, CayceG said:

This ties in with one of my fascinations about many flavors of conspiracy theory, which is that so many seem to revolve around the conspirators very public messages. Like an uber secret organization that runs the world from the shadows just can't help itself but to reveal their otherwise hidden agenda. Like with the murals at Denver International.

Same thing with the hidden symbology that so many conspiracy theorists thrive on. The secret cabal just can't help itself but to put messages about their hidden purpose all over the place, just for their own amusement, but at the risk of exposing themselves.

9 hours ago, TwinIon said:

This ties in with one of my fascinations about many flavors of conspiracy theory, which is that so many seem to revolve around the conspirators very public messages. Like an uber secret organization that runs the world from the shadows just can't help itself but to reveal their otherwise hidden agenda. Like with the murals at Denver International.

Same thing with the hidden symbology that so many conspiracy theorists thrive on. The secret cabal just can't help itself but to put messages about their hidden purpose all over the place, just for their own amusement, but at the risk of exposing themselves.

Like a movie.

• Halal 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:11 PM, TwinIon said:

Counterpoint… the heritage foundation has a website :p

On 7/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, TwinIon said:

That's the thing that makes absolutely no sense about consipracy theories and those that buy into them. I've always maintained that conspiracy theorists just have a very immature view of how things work in the world. Like their development stopped at 17 or something.

• True 1

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's the thing that makes absolutely no sense about consipracy theories and those that buy into them. I've always maintained that conspiracy theorists just have a very immature view of how things work in the world. Like their development stopped at 17 or something.

Conspiracies create a nice narrative that helps organize and order a chaotic and disorganized world. I get the appeal. It can be comforting if you give in and let it take you like a boat down a river. 

There are and have been legitimate conspiracies but people are too loose lipped to actually keep them secret.

Besides nowadays apparently we can just try to do coups out loud and in the open, something that one would figure would be a big secret.
but yet thousands (millions?) of votes can be silently fabricated whole cloth to elect Joe Biden but to not give him a working majority in congress??? 

• True 2
  • Halal 1