"This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner" and other hot takes from Bob Woodward's upcoming "Fear: Trump in the White House"

Just now, CayceG said:

I'm pretty sure those denials were typed up by the Comms shop in the White House and that Mattis nor Kelly had any hand in writing them. 

Mattie sure, but Kelly let Trump drag his dead son through the mud for a pot shot at Obama. Kelly is as spineless as Paul Ryan.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So is this basically on par with Fire and Fury and Omarosa's book or do we think this one is more accurate? 

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Lordy I hope their are Woodward tapes.

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I'd like to think BOB WOODWARD is more credible than those two.

Here's the thing.

Bob Woodward should be more trustworthy than these two. But in their own ways I think Omarosa and Wolff were both pretty credible. Omarosa had tapes, and many of Wolff's juicy tales were just giving dirty details on things that had been previously reported.

I think that Woodward's book actually lends creedence to these other two.

They aren't just hacks writing a hatchet job. The reason a Bob Woodward book reads like a trashy tabloid article at times is simply because that's how the White House is being run.

Much like how all of us around here have struggled with what hyperbole and satire even mean anymore, one suspects that Wolff and Omarosa didn't have to make stuff up because they're not creative enough to top reality at this point. 

Apparently he has tapes of almost all his interviews for this book, along with written notes and other “receipts” to back his book up. I think the fact that the stories really haven’t changed from these 3 books is also pretty damning to the White House credibility that will be ignored by his loyal minions.

8 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Apparently he has tapes of almost all his interviews for this book, along with written notes and other “receipts” to back his book up. I think the fact that the stories really haven’t changed from these 3 books is also pretty damning to the White House credibility that will be ignored by his loyal minions.

gettyimages-634441014.jpg

29 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Notice how the White House and Trump allies have learned that it's generally a bad idea to deny any specifics. They just deny in broad strokes to avoid the inevitable fast cuts that place denial and proof of lying immediately after.

I trust Trump over the mainstream leftist media. Trump created peace with North Korea, got trade deals done, and cut taxes for everyone. Trump is enforcing our borders and throwing criminals away. Trump has made billions as a businessman and a left wing hack writing a false book isn't going to change his amazing, beautiful achievements and 95% of Republicans are 100% with me. Period.

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I trust Trump over the mainstream leftist media. Trump created peace with North Korea, got trade deals done, and cut taxes for everyone. Trump is enforcing our borders and throwing criminals away. Trump has made billions as a businessman and a left wing hack writing a false book isn't going to change his amazing, beautiful achievements and 95% of Republicans are 100% with me. Period.

The news, brought to you by Trump. Fair and balanced.

53 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Since Trump is tweeting (at nearly midnight) all of these limp-wristed denials from people like Kelly, Mattis, and Sanders, I somewhat expect a tape to drop tomorrow with their voices saying verbatim what is in the book.

6 hours ago, Massdriver said:

This is beautiful.

How the hell do you guys not know that this is sarcasm considering the source? :p 

• Haha 1