I would like to congratulate America on it's newest welfare state.

Despite no actual legal imperative, Biden bit the chomp and has thrown his whole heft into a conflict that no world leader, particularly the western throne should have committed to. It's not like anyone gave a shit when Georgia was annexed, but Ukraine is special I guess.  Regardless, the detriment is not just domestic, but international to the point of exceeding emergency in many states. This is basically Libya redux, but far more reaching globally. Guess that pantygone has got to pay for itself or something. Putin, instead of being the terminal idiot people assume, has broached past the nuclear deterrent and has caused incalculable harm to the stability of the western hegemony while apparently on his death bed. This is not a war about what's right, it's about excuses.

• True 1

The dirty little secret is the very existence of the NATO alliance. A few NATO nations have voiced concerns about becoming part of NATO, which signals the beginning of the end of the political union. Therefore, Europe and NATO are going to absorb everyone, which is a recipe for a lot of refugees to come. As the continent and its citizens collapse into war, Washington's international influence will shrink to an extent that has not been seen since the age of empire. However, with an emboldened Russia and a less bloodthirsty China, Washington will find itself in a precarious position of trying to retain power when no one will work with it, and that's an ominous long-term scenario. All of this is building towards a scenario of global Armageddon. I do not wish to alarm anyone, but I'm not very sure about where this is all going.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, unogueen said:

Despite no actual legal imperative, Biden bit the chomp and has thrown his whole heft into a conflict that no world leader, particularly the western throne should have committed to. It's not like anyone gave a shit when Georgia was annexed, but Ukraine is special I guess.  Regardless, the detriment is not just domestic, but international to the point of exceeding emergency in many states. This is basically Libya redux, but far more reaching globally. Guess that pantygone has got to pay for itself or something. Putin, instead of being the terminal idiot people assume, has broached past the nuclear deterrent and has caused incalculable harm to the stability of the western hegemony while apparently on his death bed. This is not a war about what's right, it's about excuses.

So are you a bot, or running your posts through a translator app? Either way, lol

5 hours ago, unogueen said:

English can't be your first language, right?

Theres a lot there, but you chomp the bit, not bit the chomp 😜 The "bit" is a steel rod we put in back of a horses teeth to control them by riding. Whenever horses get upset, they "Chomp the bit".

43 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

English can't be your first language, right?

Theres a lot there, but you chomp the bit, not bit the chomp 😜 The "bit" is a steel rod we put in back of a horses teeth to control them by riding. Whenever horses get upset, they "Chomp the bit".

And, in fact, it was originally champ the bit, but only more recently became chomp.

• Halal 1

Also...what is the point of this thread? I don't think there is any rational argument that Russia is in the right by invading Ukraine. So if the issue is that the US (and others) is supplying weapons to Ukraine to defend itself, what is your problem with it? Yes, the US is obviously selective about who it protects/etc, but that is another issue. What is your issue with this specific case?

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also...what is the point of this thread? I don't think there is any rational argument that Russia is in the right by invading Ukraine. So if the issue is that the US (and others) is supplying weapons to Ukraine to defend itself, what is your problem with it? Yes, the US is obviously selective about who it protects/etc, but that is another issue. What is your issue with this specific case?

All the weapons we’re sending overseas should be be put in the arms of our elementary school teachers instead.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, unogueen said:

There has been a tragedy in discrimination along specific minorites among displaced that suddenly doesm't matter.

Absolutely that is an issue, as all refugees fleeing from Ukraine should be treated equally. But that doesn't affect or answer my question: what is your issue with the US and others supplying weapons to Ukraine to defend themselves from unprovoked Russian invasion?

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Absolutely that is an issue, as all refugees fleeing from Ukraine should be treated equally. But that doesn't affect or answer my question: what is your issue with the US and others supplying weapons to Ukraine to defend themselves from unprovoked Russian invasion?

This Ukraine support is in contrast to your supposed priorities.

1 hour ago, unogueen said:

This Ukraine support is in contrast to your supposed priorities.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you pro-Russian invasion of Ukraine, or against? Because from your ramblings, it appears you'd rather that the US not provide these arms, and let Russia take over Ukraine.

• Halal 1